JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Alcohol and gunpowder. Tastes like absolute crap and won't light with a blow torch.

"Check yer guns with the marshall when you get to town, boys. Pick 'um up on the way out."

A good idea for a long time.

WA Bar = Gun free zone

True story time:
There is this bar that I like to frequent in OR. Guess what? Yup, they were robbed at gun point.

But, but, but.......

Dude. Criminals aren't afraid if YOU (a customer) got one or not.

And.....well, I was NOT there that night and I don't drink all that much anyway (under the limit to drive). Then, not to mention that, I have a WA CCW but NOT an OR CCW. So anyway, it would have been illegal for me to CCW once I crossed the border.

Truthfully though.....should I care?*

If the owner cared.....they probably should have been armed.

BTW....no one got hurt. Thank the Lord.

*that's probably a bad question. I'm only following the LAW, by being unarmed.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....I know of an incident in HI where an off duty LEO was drinking at a bar when a robber came in. My friend (the cop) took a bullet and survived. The perp didn't. Course....there was plenty of "outrage" and second guessing even from his own Dept.

Last Edited:
Alcohol and gunpowder. Tastes like absolute crap and won't light with a blow torch.

"Check yer guns with the marshall when you get to town, boys. Pick 'um up on the way out."

A good idea for a long time.
The liberal cities in Oregon have that exact same policy. Thankfully, the state constitution prevents local preemption if you have a CHL.

The liberal cities in Oregon have that exact same policy. Thankfully, the state constitution prevents local preemption if you have a CHL.
In WA you cannot carry concealed in a bar. In OR you can, but my suggestion is that no matter what develops you'd better not pull it for ANY reason. The after issues would be very expensive and possibly criminal.

If you can't manage a couple drinks while armed you probably are too unstable to be allowed to own a gun in the first place.

Yes and no.
I quite drinking about 7 years ago, I developed an allergy to alcohol that makes even a couple beers rather unpleasant, sorta like instant hangover.

I used to go to gatherings or go out with friends who still drink.
At first it was interesting to watch how people change after they had been drinking.
Didn't take long to get to predictably boring behavior each and every time.
I've watched otherwise stable guys become complete douchbags. Saying and doing the stupidest crap imaginable.

Anymore I don't go to gatherings or hang out with people who are drinking. It used to be entertaining but always turned into another round of stupid behavior and unintelligible, stupid conversations.
I find as I'm getting older my capacity for stupid crap is getting lower and lower.

Alcohol effects people differently, but from what I've observed it always seems to amplify the real you in people.

Yes and no.
I quite drinking about 7 years ago, I developed an allergy to alcohol that makes even a couple beers rather unpleasant, sorta like instant hangover.

At first it was interesting to watch how people change after they had been drinking.
I've watched otherwise stable guys become complete douchbags. Saying and doing the stupidest crap imaginable.

Anymore I don't go to gatherings or hang out with people who are drinking. It used to be entertaining but always turned into another round of stupid behavior and unintelligible, stupid conversations.
I find as I'm getting older my capacity for stupid crap is getting lower and lower.

Alcohol effects people differently, but from what I've observed it always seems to amplify the real you in people.

...and if two drinks will get them there then they are already too close for my taste.

I've known guys who I personally thought should not be armed.
Being around them sober is bad enough, no way I'd even think of being in the same vicinity as them if they are drinking.

Quick question.
Is it difficult for Oregon CCL carriers to get a Washington carry license? I frequently travel to Washington and don't like the hassle of depositing or unloading my gun to cross the I-205 bridge.
I didn't read the whole thread so I'm sure it's been answered many times and many ways.

I'll add: No... crazy easy. I picked mine up on a whim... it was easier than getting my OR resident CHL.

Last Edited:
I didn't read the whole thread so I'm sure it's been answered many times and many ways.
I'll add: No... crazy easy. I picked mine up on a whim... it was easier than getting my OR resident CHL.
Same here, but in the four other states beside OR where I have a CHL permit, I had to have a valid permit from OR first.
At the office in WA where I applied for my permit, the clerk and I chatted a bit, and she told me of instances where the applicant was wanted for priors in another state and wound up in the clink then and there.... Uff.
I seldom go to bars.

Yes and no.

That is a really sad story .the part about you can't drink anymore.lol
The only gun I shoot when I'm drinking is
My BUG A SALT GUN .HHEHEE

Quick question.
Is it difficult for Oregon CCL carriers to get a Washington carry license? I frequently travel to Washington and don't like the hassle of depositing or unloading my gun to cross the I-205 bridge.
Get a Utah license and it will cover WA and 20-some other states.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top