JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have noticed in some states even with a CHL you cant carry in places that serve alcohol, so my question is can you carry in bars in oregon with a CHL?

I quit going to bars,but even if it was legal in Washington,that would be the last place I would carry.

Your risk of using it goes way up and it seems your defense would suffer terribly.

Look at all the drunk driving demonstration videos show you.The ones that a police department do to show you how impaired you really are?

Your judgment,sight,reactions,equilibrium,everything is way off from just a couple drinks.
And you want to have a gun then?
Plus there is always someone who needs shooting in a bar.Look at the old westerns

Or do you mean to just go have lunch?

I basically am just curious whats legal and whats not if i am going to be having more then a beer i would prefer to not bring a firearm, but i didnt want to bring one at all even for lunch until i knew it was legal

Carrying a gun is the same as operating a car(deadly vehicle) If you are over .08 it is illegal to carry. Dont' quote me on this but it makes sense and i have heard it repeated time and time again so i hope i am not passing on a myth here.

Carrying a gun is the same as operating a car(deadly vehicle) If you are over .08 it is illegal to carry. Dont' quote me on this but it makes sense and i have heard it repeated time and time again so i hope i am not passing on a myth here.

hmmm now im curious if thats a law, can anyone else confirm that?

I remember reading that it was illegal to carry a firearm while intoxicated. I also remember that it didn't state BAC's or anything of the like (strictly an "if I recall correctly" statement).

I feel the same way about drinking while possessing a firearm as I do about drinking and driving. If you are doing one, leave the other alone.
+1 , I don't drink if I'm out at a bar with friends. Well, not alcohol, but I pack away the Arnie Palmers (mmm lemonade n' iced tea). And even at home I don't go beyond the occasional single drink since I just don't wanna mess up my judgement... being Irish it's the law to have a weekly hot whiskey at home during the winter, for, yknow, medicinal purposes :D

I can't cite any legal document references, but....you can be prosecuted for dui even under .08. I've seen situations where people were nailed for as low as .04. The .08 is strictly for the DMV side of the problem, law enforcement will happily nail somebody for dui no matter how low the bac is. as for firearms, I don't know, but would suspect any amount of alcohol will go badly for someone carrying.

I can't cite any legal document references, but....you can be prosecuted for dui even under .08. I've seen situations where people were nailed for as low as .04. The .08 is strictly for the DMV side of the problem, law enforcement will happily nail somebody for dui no matter how low the bac is. as for firearms, I don't know, but would suspect any amount of alcohol will go badly for someone carrying.

Lets not forget, bearing arms is a RIGHT, driving in a privilege. Because I'm lit to the gills doesn't take away my right unless I do something stupid and get prosecuted for that something stupid then the sentence for the crime states I have to forfeit a right. Being lit to the gills isn't against the law all by its self nor is being lit and carrying. Now if you're lit while walking in a public place, which in some places is against the law, then you may be in trouble for carrying while breaking that law.

WHERE does it say that?

I have never seen that law.......

After checking with the Oregon Firearms Federation, I have discovered that the Reserve deputy that instructed me had to either be lying or was mistaken.
Seems there is no such law.

Convinces me that when it comes to private carry laws....Many LEO's have it wrong. Problem is if they think they are right, then we have problems even if we are in the right.:(

Forget about legal/illegal for a moment. Guns and alcohol don't mix. We have all done stupid things after drinking too much. You don't want that stupid thing to involve a firearm. I like to drink; however, the gun comes off and gets put away first.

Forget about legal/illegal for a moment. Guns and alcohol don't mix. We have all done stupid things after drinking too much. You don't want that stupid thing to involve a firearm. I like to drink; however, the gun comes off and gets put away first.

Not me. I've never had too much booze to drink. I'd much rather have all my faculties in tip top shape before I do something stupid :s0112:

Not me. I've never had too much booze to drink. I'd much rather have all my faculties in tip top shape before I do something stupid :s0112:
Good thread despite the age...
As one who was raised in the family bar Biz, and having seen both sides of the alcohol equation (it can destroy people and also fund expensive college educations!) this topic has been of interest since I began cc'ing.

Do remember there are many legit reasons for entering a bar or Tavern besides consuming alcohol... the aforementioned lunch, repairing the washing machines in the laundry room at the back of the bar, pool league night, meeting with the local business association...just to name a few.

Personally, I choose to plead ignorant if it's not posted at the door - don't ask, don't tell! Then again, I'm about to enter a family friend and neighbor's bar, so I suppose I'll do him the courtesy of asking if their family has a preference or house policy.

Laws aside, Red Forman's wisdom on mixing alcohol with women isn't too far from mixing drink and firearms. The latter, of course, having much more dire consequences. Well, generally speaking. ;)

Washington is really easy to apply for if you go that route, especially if you live close to the border. As for bars, depends on the state. Washington no, Oregon yes, but you best believe you don't want to get your butt caught drinking and armed. I would reccomend just avoiding said sutuatuon altogether.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top