JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes in Oregon. No in Washington. If I was going to attempt carry into a bar, I would verify whether or not they 'wand' people upon entry. My clubbing days have been over for a while now, but the places I used to go to usually did use metal detectors. I have been CC'ing for years and have licenses for OR and WA, but that doesn't make me an expert, so I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong:D

^
This is true.

My clubbing days are over, but if/when I go out, I make sure I either avoid places that have metal detectors or go out on nights they aren't in use.

For instance, a lot of our family and friends (about half of us were packing) went out for my wife's birthday, she wanted to go downtown so we went, it was on a sunday, so there weren't a lot of places that were open, and because of that, there wasn't as tight of security and no metal detectors were used. We didn't run into any problems.

It's legal, but remember, it's all up to the discretion of the property owner, if they choose to use metal detectors and exclude people with weapons, it's their choice, either play ball or leave, that's your choice.

Legal as it may be to carry there, if they say you can't come in, you can't come in, if they trespass you and you go in anyway, you can/will go to jail.

Normally bars, such as local dives and restaurant/bars I go to in OR don't have metal detectors, but still have bouncers, but they're mainly just for ID and if fights break out, there's normally no pats or metal detectors there. I never have a problem there, but I carry 24/7 so I obviously carry there as well and don't have any problems.

As for Washington, you can carry in the restaurant parts of places that serve booze, like McMinimans or Applebees and the like, just not the bar parts or places that are strictly bars that are off limits to minors. Basically, if you have to be carded to be there in WA you can't carry there. Makes no sense to me, being you can drink what you want on the other side of the invisible line and be legal, but you cross that line, even if you don't drink anything and you're not :s0092:

If you do, please do not drink. You're just asking for trouble, regret, and legal bills.

He sang a song as on he rode,
His guns hung at his hips
He rode into a cattle town,
A smile upon his lips
He stopped and walked into a bar and laid his money down
But his mother's words echoed again;

"Don't take your guns to town, son
Leave your guns at home, Bill
Don't take your guns to town."
:s0114:

Yes in Oregon. No in Washington. If I was going to attempt carry into a bar, I would verify whether or not they 'wand' people upon entry. My clubbing days have been over for a while now, but the places I used to go to usually did use metal detectors. I have been CC'ing for years and have licenses for OR and WA, but that doesn't make me an expert, so I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong:D

Quick question.
Is it difficult for Oregon CCL carriers to get a Washington carry license? I frequently travel to Washington and don't like the hassle of depositing or unloading my gun to cross the I-205 bridge.

Quick question.
Is it difficult for Oregon CCL carriers to get a Washington carry license? I frequently travel to Washington and don't like the hassle of depositing or unloading my gun to cross the I-205 bridge.

Not at all. I applied in Lewis Co (Chehalis or Centralia I believe). Gave them money, got my fingerprints done and waited 40+ days and had it in the mail. I don't know if it helps to apply in a firearm friendly county or not but I thought I would just to be sure. I doubt the King Co sheriff likes giving out CPLs.

I've heard that it's easy to get an out of state WA cwp and I plan on getting one myself. I don't know the exact logistics to it but i believe it just requires going to one of the washington sheriff offices and doing the paperwork and such. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here.

I applied for my WA CPL on a Tuesday at Cowlitz County sheriff. It was approved on Thursday, and arrived on Saturday. So, less than a week from application to receiving in the mail. No class required. Just cash and fingerprints. Also no references or reasons for wanting one. Search for my thread about Cowlitz County for more details. Also, I have heard Clark County is just as easy.

-To the OP- Sorry for the threadjacking:)

Quick question.

Better to get your Utah permit. It'll cover you for half the country or more. And it's good for five years I think.

Get your Utah CFP which covers about 30 states and Washington is one of them. I just happened to read this and I'm also an instructor. I have a Utah class this Monday evening is Hillsboro if you're interested.

just remember that if you are carrying a firearm in a bar and you do end up using it the DA will eat you alive if you had been drinking at all. aside from that "id rather be judged by twelve than carried by six" maybe its just a Marine thing.

I feel the same way about drinking while possessing a firearm as I do about drinking and driving. If you are doing one, leave the other alone.

As for a WA CPL. Washington has a very stringent vetting process. You have to both be able to write a check for $65 and have it actually clear your bank. :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top