JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
DUDE,you'll never get into Canada again,ehe?

I don't see why not a duii does not disqualify you from owning carrying or buying a firearm
why don't you do a N.I.C.S. check on yourself they don't track them over the course of one day
NICS doesn't seem to like false checks.My friend had a guy do 1 to see if he could pass and the FFL got a talking to

Trust me... Most likely you cannot purchase a firearm... Police will show up and question you if you try. My question is, can you posses firearms while on bench probation if you cannot purchase them?

The post is 3 years old:p. The guy has a Fatboy full of guns by now.

I never have drank and drove, I also go to church every Sunday, never cuss, do not own any guns and never cheated on my taxes. I also live in a mansion on top of a hill where each day I ride around on my high horse looking down at all the people. :s0113::s0140::s0140::s0140:

I can't believe I've been suckered into yet ANOTHER necro thread! It's like the third in three days. :s0125:

I never have drank and drove, I also go to church every Sunday, never cuss, do not own any guns and never cheated on my taxes. I also live in a mansion on top of a hill where each day I ride around on my high horse looking down at all the people. :s0113::s0140::s0140::s0140:
LOL...I enjoy walking out on the back deck every morning and waving at you next door :D

"So no I don't find any of your jokes to be the least bit humorous."

What jokes would that be? I don't see any jokes in this thread.

I think to be safe it would be best to just call your local sheriff's office or the OSP since they are the ones who handle the background checks and find out from them, I would not chance something like this with the opinions of a bunch of people who THINK THEY KNOW...

This has proven many times to be a great way to get arrested or commit a crime.

Talk to a lawyer, LEO's are NOT lawyers, they frequently have to ask their in house attorneys, DA's & the Attorney General for clarification on laws. Many of these laws in question are regarding firearms as they are plentiful & purposefully written by our legislative masters to be vague & confusing to enable a large amount of leeway when dealing with us serfs who choose to partake in the state granted privilege of self defense by self propelled projectile throwers.

Trust me... Most likely you cannot purchase a firearm... Police will show up and question you if you try. My question is, can you posses firearms while on bench probation if you cannot purchase them?

199c358f8af797573a7a99caba788a23.jpg

199c358f8af797573a7a99caba788a23.jpg

I had 2 DUII's within a year about 8-9 years ago. I'm actually glad I did. No more drinky drinky and no more issues, what a shocker.
After all my hoops and 30k in expenses, when I went to buy another firearm I waited for 30 days before calling OSP. Withing 48 hours of calling I was approved.
On a side note, I would love someone to talk to ME (not Internet drivel) being to irresponsible to own and operate firearms. But let's face it, those walnuts would shrink up. I'm the chillest dude around, but despise Internet bullying and weak minds.

New to this site but Oregon has a state law that doesn't allow you to buy firearms while on any form of probation. I found out the hard way. In this circumstance, at least today, you would be denied the ability to purchase a firearm. Even though the Federal form you pass, denied in Oregon.

You should never drink and drive but I don't see how a non violent mistake can prevent you from owning a firearm. Welcome to Oregon.

Thanks for the update, while this thread was originally started seven years ago and then brought back from the dead four years ago, there have been many negative changes made in the Oregon laws now and more in planning.

Timely update!

4473 form question 11b, c....

97782C28-56C0-433E-A268-42669FE55EFB.png

In OR, repeat DUI can be classified as a felony... whether it's you 2nd or 4th is up to the judge. You may get denied.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads