JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I just got my CCL, A new Kimber SUPER CARRY PRO, was a bit hesitant for such a nice gun for a carry weapon. But I was finally able to afford one and went for it. I dont mean to gloat, brag, or sound dumb, but i love this gun so much. If i could fit a wedding ring on it, i would. the 4 inch barrel, so far, i have had no added recoil, accuracy differences or anything bad about it. I've shot it about 6 times, and considering me a novice shooter, to most of you. at 15-20 yards, im in 2 inch groups. out of the box. the feel of this gun fits my hand perfect, compared to the glock 22, in .40, this shorter barrel .45 acp plain out rocks. I only hope this post may give some of you that little gitty feeling when you bought your first nice handgun that you have wanted for some time.

thanks guys for all of the compliments, i wasnt looking for that but just that boost of making sure i purchased a good quality gun that i really enjoyed, and felt right. by the way, i would not trade this gun straight up for just about any new model COLT. that wasnt suppose to be mean but i truely feel the quality of this gun, the shape, size, and accuracy is so superior, i have no doubts for ever, i will keep this gun forever.

Last Edited:
but I have a Dan Wesson CBOB that I feel the same way about. I also have had Officer's size and 5" Government Models (still have one 5" Colt) and really liked them, but there's something about the Commander size that just floats my boat.
I carry my DW almost every day andf I had your Kimber instead, that wouldn't change.
There are so many nice handguns out there. Congrats on finding the one that fits you.

Good choice for a carry 1911 in my opinion. My Pro CDP II is my main daily carry these days, but those Super Carrys look pretty sweet -- I love the bobtail (still lookin' for a good deal on a DW CBOB, too). I'm a pretty hardcore Kimber fan, never had any bad luck with any I've bought -- don't ever get rid of your Kimbers.

and what makes you say this?

I'd say he stated it here:
i truely feel the quality of this gun, the shape, size, and accuracy is so superior
.....seem like pretty good reasons.

bkb0000 quote from LCR tread:
i'd buy an LCR before i bought a kimber.

Just curious if your question is serious or if you're looking to give the OP, a new guy who's pleased with how he spent his hard earned bucks, a ration of shat?

I'd say he stated it here: .....seem like pretty good reasons.

those aren't reasons, they're as of yet unsubstantiated opinions. stating what, specifically, he noted lacking in Colt's quality and found in Kimber's quality would be a lot closer to your "good reasons."

bkb0000 quote from LCR tread:

Just curious if your question is serious or if you're looking to give the OP, a new guy who's pleased with how he spent his hard earned bucks, a ration of shat?

i'm not giving him anything but a direct question. i ask because i'm curious what he's observed.

the old adage about the spelling of "assume" just came to full bloom. nothing negative needed to transpire here.

Because a Colt is an overpriced POS that only sells because of the name associated with it. That name of course has been around a while and due to the fact that they are/were the lowest bidder on past military contracts does not tell me that they are of the utmost quality. I would sooner have a foriegn made SA than an overpriced Colt and have a better quality item. I have owned Colts,SA,Kimber's,Rock Island,norinco,Llama,Taurus and LB and Colts are in the same catagory as Taurus or LLama in my opinion.

i'm not giving him anything but a direct question. i ask because i'm curious what he's observed.
After seeing what you did to the poor guy who was happy with his new LCR, and then reading your comment about choosing one over a Kimber, I think it's a valid question.
It will be interesting to see how you handle his answer, if he answers.

After seeing what you did to the poor guy who was happy with his new LCR, and then reading your comment about choosing one over a Kimber, I think it's a valid question.
It will be interesting to see how you handle his answer, if he answers.

if you take issue with something i wrote in another thread, address it there. dont drag your resentments all over the board.

Because a Colt is an overpriced POS that only sells because of the name associated with it. That name of course has been around a while and due to the fact that they are/were the lowest bidder on past military contracts does not tell me that they are of the utmost quality. I would sooner have a foriegn made SA than an overpriced Colt and have a better quality item. I have owned Colts,SA,Kimber's,Rock Island,norinco,Llama,Taurus and LB and Colts are in the same catagory as Taurus or LLama in my opinion.

I haven't read this thread for some time and was surprised by the number of responses. All greatly appreciated. Let me start off this way. I used to live about 2 miles from DPMS and have had a few friends that have worked there for some time. Access and purchases of DPMS AR 15's were the only name I grew to love or new. A lot of people here in the NW may have never even shot a factory assembled DPMS. I've either owned or had use at anytime to over a dozen different of their models made from their factory. Sizes, calibers, specialty parts all while shooting at the range, some long range shooting, oh in MN we have a guy that builds one of the best triggers also, but, hunting deer, wood chuck, rabbit, coyote and on. So I never really new or cared about other brands because I never had a problem with one. Some here in the NW may have or heard from others about DPMS and would never buy one. I just about crapped myself when I came out to Portland and found out any shop with a lathe and running low on sales started making their own uppers and lowers. So I'm now building a AR for the last few months, and really am worried about some of the local shops, names, and brands. Noveske is a god out here, and they cost twice as much. So as with the 1911, I had a glock, liked it, but wanted something different. So I started reading, reading, and researching. After a million different views, reviews, and sales pitches. I started to go out and hold them, at gun shows, shops, private parties. Writing down how every gun felt, and cost. Next I have shot 5 different model colts, 2 Springfields, 3 kimbers, 1 Dan Wesson, 2 Para-ordnances, and a few low level rock islands. With no bias on who makes what, where, I then started to look at every model, what the frame, and other parts were made of, the finish of every part, the weight of each model I have shot, and some that I simply held. I chose the Kimber and that is why I stated what I did about trading it for a colt, or I could of, should of, just said nothing for a specific brand, that way not to bug anyone in particular. so if that is the case Ill erase it. I love my gun that I bought, and 20 other people will say for that same price range, if that is a issue, they could say another gun would have been a better choice. My next 1911 may just be another brand, but at the moment, I can't spend that type of money on another model. And I am very happy with my choice. My father has a few older model Colt's that he loves, and I chose this model. And I can't wait to shoot it more, and if I ever have a problem with it, I will let everyone on here know. I am glad people have other choices, as time goes on, I guess I will learn more about 1911's and maybe change brands in a few years, but I will not be selling this gun ever. Mark

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top