JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
I can't seem to find any rules for the classifieds any more. Can a business list a single item for sale on the classifieds?

thanks

I think you need to be a vender. Contact Joe Link.

Yep, that's correct. It's under rule #5.

5. Commercial advertising without Supporting Vendor status is prohibited
To cover costs associated with operation and maintenance, this site relies on support from members and advertisers. Without this financial support, this site would not exist. Our Supporting Vendors are reasonable to expect their competitors are not getting the same benefits without cost. This rule extends to business-related usernames and profile information as well. Also prohibited are non-business members repeatedly using the classifieds to turn a profit (for example, buying cheap ammunition at Wal-Mart then reselling at higher prices). If you're interested in becoming a Supporting Vendor please use our Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.

Let me know if you're interested in becoming a vendor and I'd be happy to get you more information ;)

Upvote 0
Yep, that's correct. It's under rule #5.

Let me know if you're interested in becoming a vendor and I'd be happy to get you more information ;)

Hey Joe, problem is that we are not a retail gunstore. The majority of our income is gain from activities such as exporting, that doesn't benefit from advertising here.
Is there no way for us to place a single ad for an item we have for sale?
On a side note, took me a long time to find the rules - being that it's a tiny link in the footer of the page. As feedback, I reckon a larger link in the classifieds might be beneficial.
Speaking of the rules, according to what's in there now, I can't even post as I have a "business-related" username. Myself and others have these as we registered long before there were any rules. Does that mean I can't post or are we grandfathered in?

Last Edited:
Upvote 0
@Joe Link I am familiar with Tornado's business and I agree that becoming a Supporting Vendor here isn't really going to garner them much business. Since I have seen this come up before, I think we either need some clarification or maybe a rule about the number of listings someone can make before a Vendor status is required. Say a trial period or something. I would hate to lose a member or even a potential SV because they can't even "try out" our classifieds to see if it works with their business model. Just my thoughts.

Upvote 0
Hey Joe, problem is that we are not a retail gunstore. The majority of our income is gain from activities such as exporting, that doesn't benefit from advertising here.
Is there no way for us to place a single ad for an item we have for sale?
On a side note, took me a long time to find the rules - being that it's a tiny link in the footer of the page. As feedback, I reckon a larger link in the classifieds might be beneficial.
Speaking of the rules, according to what's in there now, I can't even post as I have a "business-related" username. Myself and others have these as we registered long before there were any rules. Does that mean I can't post or are we grandfathered in?

I haven't gotten either of my questions answered either.
Did you get your question answered? I'll alert your post just in case you haven't.

I'd love to get an answer to my question above about the business related username too if possible. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top