Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Can anyone suggest a .357sig pistol?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PlayboyPenguin, Nov 5, 2009.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Here are the parameters...

1. .357sig caliber
    2. Either all stainless construction or polymer with stainless slide

Does such a beast exist?

All I can think of is the S&W M&P.

2. tonyspdx

tonyspdx Gresham, OR Member

Glock, but I would never buy a 357sig. Great round, ammo too hard to find sometimes or costs too much. Stay with a standard round 9mm or 45acp. Everybody I know that has a 40, 357sig, 10mm, 45GAP, and so on, eventually wants to get rid of it for a 9mm or 45 acp. Just trying to save you the pain of looseing money on a 357sig pistol.

3. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

SIG Sauer P229 Stainless 40S&W/357 SIG, two calibers one gun, just buy the extra barrel...........

4. magnum

magnum Springfield American....'nuff said

Just my .02, but I just picked up a sig 229 in 40. Sig makes a 357 sig barrel that's a drop in replacement. Same mag and everything. I have seen other brands with similar setups. If you really are into the 357 sig thing, you can have a 2 caliber gun for just the price of an extra barrel :cool:

5. eddieb

eddieb Tigard, OR Member

+1 for the Sig P229. Ammo is as easy to find, and priced about the same as .40.
    I've been shooting it for years. Great round. Even during the ammo shortage, never had a problem finding 357sig ammo at decent prices. The suggestion of getting an extra barrel is a good one. That's what I did so I can switch between .40 and 357sig with only a barrel swap.

6. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I already have the Sig P229. :)

SigP229Elite-1.jpg

7. odiesplace97301

odiesplace97301 silverton area Member

sig 239, shoot great and hide well

8. cyclesarge

cyclesarge Eugene OR, DUH! We're ALL in the NORTHWEST Well-Known Member

I just picked up a Sig P239 in .357. I kinda got it thinking about getting another barrel for .40, but after reading about the .357's performance I thought WHY? I already have a .40, 9mm and .45, so if ammo becomes scares for one I'll be able to find ammo for something else. I can't remember a day when the local WalMart DIDN't have .357 Sig even when everything else was out, and that includes .25,.32, and .380. I'm looking forward to putting a few more rounds down the barrel, and using the Sig for winter carry, It's quite a bit bulkier than my MK9 (which will remain my summer carry). The Sig has an anodized lower and a Nitron coated stainless slide, or you get them with an natural stainless slide.

Also Springfield makes an XD in .357.

9. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

I believe there is a FNP in .357 sig

10. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member