JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hello, thanks for taking time with me today. Attached are a couple pictures of 2 guns that I would like to identify. They are both marked with a crown proof mark with a house on top and a u below, also they are stamped with 2grN.G.P. M/14 on one and 2gr N.G.P. M/71 on the other. Both look to be about 50 caliber and I do not believe that these are hand guns, I believe that they mount on something and were/are fired remotely through linkage or a cable or rope or string. One has a 12 round capacity and the other 24. Both are made from cast iron and the cylinders advance with the pull of the trigger like a revolver.

WEIRDOLDGUNS.jpg

Sorry, I hit the wrong button before I was able to upload the second pic.

WEIRDOLDGUNS2.jpg

Thanks, that is interesting, I'll assume that the other one is "little Bro"

I looked at the Rock Island post, it is an exact match. The 24 shot one that I am in possession of is marked as serial #1 ....makes me go Hmmmmm. Do you know of anyone in our region that knows anything about these? I've sent a request to Rock Island. I have reservations, thinking reproduction...etc I'm going to research the trap revolver and see what I find

Cool guns! Why is it called a trap revolver? Is there supposed to be a trip line that sets it off? What does it shoot, bullets (is it rifled?) or does it shoot a net to trap big game animals for a zoo or something (ie cartridge for propellant not propellant plus bullet)? Seems so big and heavy like it's meant to be near the ground.

My guess here is that they are some sort of "Alarm" or trap gun.
These are often percussion firearms and were designed to deter burglars and poachers..
They were meant to hidden and fired when say a trip wire was crossed , a door or window opened, etc....
Andy

Skip to minute 10 of the video. Some of their facts seem a little stretched, but here is one theory of the use of your guns. I enjoyed visiting with you Sunday at the OAC show.

Interesting. That same video showed up today when I was following the youtube rabbit hole.

elsie

Is that when someone puts up a video that you watch, and an hour later you've watched 10-12 totally different videos?
If so, now I have a name for that phenomenon:s0155:

Great video, Thanks! I like the idea of the bank teller revolver, makes sense

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top