JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just bought a "Winchester" 94 from the LGS. I didn't look real close when I bought it because I just liked the look of it and the action is good. But, as I said, I do like it. I like the "bling" and the leather. But I digress.

It is pretty obvious to me that this is likely a reproduction from some company and not an actual Winchester. For one, nowhere on the rifle does it have the Winchester name. Also, it has a serial number which does NOT fit with a real Winchester. It is V85129. And, it has a mark on the receiver (which is hard to get a pic of, but I'll keep trying if necessary) which shows what looks to be an offset S and P in an oval. It has a 26" barrel but a saddle ring, which doesn't seem to fit with any Winchester variants I've found while researching. It also has the half octagon barrel and approximately 19"/20" magazine.

Here are some pics. Let me know if any others would be helpful.

Winchester94_1024x768.jpg
Win94_01.jpg

Win94_03.jpg
Win94_04.jpg
Win94_05.jpg

What caliber is it maked as being?
What if anything does it say on the barrel?
What does the rear sight look like?
What does the right side of the receiver and stock look like?
Does this rifle have any sort of a medallion in the stock on the right side?

Winchester Commeratives like the 1967 Canadian or the 1968 Buffalo Bill have 26" barrels and saddle rings.

The 1970 LONE STAR commerative had a 26" half round half Octagon barrel Its also the last 26" barrel rifle made.

The screws for the Scope mount on the left side of the receiver tell me its an angle eject receiver.

Yours appears to have a 20" barrel carbine magazine with the 26" barrel No combos I can find were made like this after 1929 (and yours is not a pre 64 rifles in anyway shape or form)

The tacks on the forestock look like they do on the Chief Crazy Horse Commerative but the ones on the butt stock do not.

MY vote is you have a put together.

What caliber is it maked as being?
stamped on the barrel - 30 W.C.F.
What if anything does it say on the barrel?
The only thing other than the caliber that I can find is a mark that looks like this (had to do a drawing as I couldn't get a pic to be readable).

Winchester94Mark_xsm.jpg
What does the rear sight look like?
Step Elevator with company name showing

MARBLES
Gladstone, Mich

What does the right side of the receiver and stock look like?
Sorry somehow didn't get that one up

Win94_06.jpg

Does this rifle have any sort of a medallion in the stock on the right side?
Nope, all wood.

MY vote is you have a put together.
Looks like it as I haven't been able to find anything anywhere that has the same stuff.

Sears Ted Williams Model 100 found on YouTube --> LINK
Looks like the receiver is probably from a Model 100 but the barrel, rear sight, front sight, and butt plate are completely different. As Mark said, it is probably one someone put together from various parts, which is kind of cool to have something unique (if no others exist). But with the 100 receiver it would definitely be a POST 64 model ('64 to '78 according to the video).

I find it interesting it has the 4 scope mount holes on the left side of the receiver but isn't an angle eject.

Another Question did you buy that at Wild Bills? that rack looks very familiar

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top