1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Can an Oregon resident drive a gun to Washington for sale through FFL Dealer?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Eludnu, Feb 23, 2013.

  1. Eludnu

    Eludnu Oregon Member

    Likes Received:
    I live in Oregon and someone in WA wants to buy a pistol from me. Can I personally deliver the pistol to an FFL holder for transfer in WA to the WA resident, or do I have to ship it? If it matters I do have a CCW for WA. I hope it works this way as it would be far simpler transaction since the buyer could meet me at the dealer, but I want to be certain I do it right.
  2. bwchase

    bwchase Pacific City Active Member

    Likes Received:
    yes you can drive to Washington and deliver to a FFl for transfer. You both have to wait while the transfer takes place, FFl does the background check and away you go. If it is a trade the Washington resident drives the gun to Oregon FFl for the transfer to you. Expensive and time consuming but legal.