JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've got something similar....
Andy
View attachment 855769
Quality made - name brand or HOME MADE kitchen, camping and hunting knives, axes, 'hawks, swords, etc. have been around forever!

They do not run out of ammunition.

Every single gun person AND non gun owning person should own a few good knives, axes and/or 'hawks in my not so humble opinion.

Cate

Don't forget a good and handy gladius!!

61D5C3B7-8C18-4DAF-BC82-A2A387FF06CE.jpeg E7ECCBB1-B5D8-40E4-A231-976574AD5E62.jpeg

4677C8C4-5EC8-4BF9-9B29-8B02AFEB7299.jpeg

Speaking of "Civilized"...

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split , as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard

Yeah...gettin' all nerdy again.... :D
Andy

I personally disagree with the "polite" sentiment; i.e., I think any person has the right to voice their opinions, no matter how offensive to anyone, without having to worry about a violent response from listeners. THAT, allowing others to speak, regardless of what they say, without resorting to violence in response, is part of being polite - or at least rational. Might does not make right, but it does allow those of us who are not physically able to defend ourselves without firearms, to be able to speak our minds without fear of violent response from those who would bully us into silence for fear of not being "polite".

Lets take a moment to examine our next door neighbors. Politicians all but stripped Mexicans ability to own firearms via draconian laws, and yet they seem shocked that honest people followed the law but criminals didn't. Criminals will just bribe some port official to bring in a container of AK's from Pakistan or the Mid-east or pay women and kids to walk them over the US border. They get plentiful amounts of grenades from the Guatemalan military next door- and now violence in Mexico, especially gun and grenade violence, is going off the charts. But maybe someone in the US might think that our criminals aren't as smart as theirs.

They essentially banned guns, but now they need to ban people. Violence in Mexico is many times worse than the US. Here's a Wall Street Journal opinion piece explaining it: https://www.wsj.com/articles/mexicos-soaring-murder-rate-proves-gun-control-is-deadly-11571696723

I personally disagree with the "polite" sentiment; i.e., I think any person has the right to voice their opinions, no matter how offensive to anyone, without having to worry about a violent response from listeners. THAT, allowing others to speak, regardless of what they say, without resorting to violence in response, is part of being polite - or at least rational. Might does not make right, but it does allow those of us who are not physically able to defend ourselves without firearms, to be able to speak our minds without fear of violent response from those who would bully us into silence for fear of not being "polite".
I take the quote to be more of impolite in a snide , sneaky , underhanded , nice to your face , but talk behind your back kinda thing....

Or....
I can be a impolite divk and get away with it...'cause I am within the law of society and the laws of society say that you can't do anything about it....
Andy

I take the quote to be more of impolite in a snide , sneaky , underhanded , nice to your face , but talk behind your back kinda thing....

Or....
I can be a impolite divk and get away with it...'cause I am within the law of society and the laws of society say that you can't do anything about it....
Andy

That too. But as someone who was bullied when young, and someone who has watched women and other minorities be bullied, I just have a visceral response whenever someone uses the "armed/polite society" quote. IMO, it is the equality of force that law (or firearms) brings to the otherwise weak members of any society that allows them to be "impolite" (speak their mind) in response to those who would otherwise try to intimidate them by greater strength (in whatever form).

It is why we have the first and second amendments.

That too. But as someone who was bullied when young, and someone who has watched women and other minorities be bullied, I just have a visceral response whenever someone uses the "armed/polite society" quote. IMO, it is the equality of force that law (or firearms) brings to the otherwise weak members of any society that allows them to be "impolite" (speak their mind) in response to those who would otherwise try to intimidate them by greater strength (in whatever form).

It is why we have the first and second amendments.
I understand....and also think that is too easy to read into quotes.
As in....having personal bias and experiences , plus perceptions , color judgment and thinking skills at times
Andy

Since sporting rifles account for less than 1% of all firearms deaths in the US, I highly doubt a ban would do too much.

Except maybe murderous Looney Tunes could walk around freely and enjoy themselves without any sort of supervision. You know, because of increased "safety"..

Every single one of these mass whatevers gave signals - warning signs. No one is a rational human being one moment and an enraged killer the next. Please, no snarky comments about your ex here! Just as a tea pot does not suddenly boil, there was a progression of warning signs that something was brewing. In each and every case, each and every warning sign was ignored, or acted upon far too late.

Every single one of these mass whatevers gave signals - warning signs. No one is a rational human being one moment and an enraged killer the next. Please, no snarky comments about your ex here!

Ok I won't.

But she is a prime example - if you didn't know her for more than 6 months. At least she would seem rational - but the moment you didn't do something she wanted you to do, or give her something she wanted from you...

The 1994 AWB didn't stop Columbine 5 years later... WHAT DO YOU THINK!?

They can ban this and that, they require turn in, they can go door to door, but there will still be millions of firearms out there, many many many years later.

Quite simply, crime was banned 3500+ years ago. Murder? Yes. Assault? Yup. Robbery? Same. Did not stop any of the subsequent crimes from taking place.
Therefore, since crime initiates in the human heart, and is an act of the will, how to deal with it?

Charitably, what gun control wishful thinkers are attempting to do is to make it physically impossible to commit crime. Since crime occurs with substantial impunity even in prisons, that seem to be out. So, they will settle for an arbitrarily set level of violence as long as governmental power can prevent the remainder of the populace from doing either good or bad.

Never mind that this has failed, and failed miserably, each and every time it has been tried. Something must be done! NOT increased or consistent punishment! That might be racist.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top