JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
the-more-you-know.png

The article estimates semi-auto rifles (?) like the AR-15 in private hands, to be 15-20M, based on production & import numbers since 1990 to now. This doesn't include 80% frames, etc., and doesn't include firearms in possession before 1990. Given that, I would say it is safe to assume there are more like double that number of "military style" semi-autos.

The interesting part that they dance around, but spend some words on, is that the average time between a firearm purchase (legal purchase) and its use in at crime (when tracing guns used in crimes) is 8+ years.

Then they make an assertion that guns last 100 years. A properly stored gun could last much much longer than that and still be functional (e.g., a 1911) - although it might be obsolete.

"Firearms can remain operational for a century or more...."

Well at least that part is true...:D

DSC06814.jpg
Antique J.Henry Flintlock Trade Rifle circa 1800 - 1820's
Still works and goes shooting and hunting with me at times.

DSC06619 (1).jpg
F.W. Seiferth .50 caliber "Plains Rifle" made in St. Louis circa 1840's - 1850's
Still gets used at times , both in shooting matches and hunting.

DSC06557.jpg
G. Laloux 20 gauge Flintlock Fowler...His factory made guns from 1834 - 1920
This gets used a lot for fun shooting and hunting.

What is more interesting is that folks have been harming others long before the invention of firearms.
It ain't the gun ...its the willingness to harm others , that is the issue.
Andy

"Firearms can remain operational for a century or more...."

Well at least that part is true...:D

View attachment 855532
Antique J.Henry Flintlock Trade Rifle circa 1800 - 1820's
Still works and goes shooting and hunting with me at times.

View attachment 855533
F.W. Seiferth .50 caliber "Plains Rifle" made in St. Louis circa 1840's - 1850's
Still gets used at times , both in shooting matches and hunting.

View attachment 855534
G. Laloux 20 gauge Flintlock Fowler...His factory made guns from 1834 - 1920
This gets used a lot for fun shooting and hunting.

What is more interesting is that folks have been harming others long before the invention of firearms.
It ain't the gun ...its the willingness to harm others , that is the issue.
Andy

I remember when this happened. You're exactly right, Andy. It's the willingness to harm others.

I own 4 firearms over 115 years old. And 2 approaching 100 and 3 over 75years old. All of them work like new though one does look like it was dragged down a gravel road a couple dozen miles.

Yahoo news, owned by (Ahem!) Verizon, is slightly to the left of Sanders.

Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 9.36.32 PM.png

They are extremely frustrated in their attempt at enslaving the world population.

Quality made - name brand or HOME MADE kitchen, camping and hunting knives, axes, 'hawks, swords, etc. have been around forever!

They do not run out of ammunition.

Every single gun person AND non gun owning person should own a few good knives, axes and/or 'hawks in my not so humble opinion.

Cate

Quality made - name brand or HOME MADE kitchen, camping and hunting knives, axes, 'hawks, swords, etc. have been around forever!

They do not run out of ammunition.

Every single gun person AND non gun owning person should own a few good knives, axes and/or 'hawks in my not so humble opinion.

Cate
Jack the Ripper. The Boston Strangler. Ted Bundy. The Green River killer. Zero guns used, zero shots fired. What made them tick? But let them use a gun and the killer is out of the picture and we need GUN CONTROL!!!

Politicians are the same now as they were in the past.

ANTI GUN - ANTI SELF DEFENSE no matter what they tell you.

They (D/R) LIE in this country just as much as they do and did in other countries.

EVERY SINGLE DAY, pro gun groups should PUT UP PICTURES of war torn countries, past and present ones, where GOOD and honest people have been DISARMED and MURDERED.

GUN CONTROL = PEOPLE CONTROL. Period!

Don't let stupid and ignorant people forget a thing called HISTORY!

Cate

Jack the Ripper. The Boston Strangler. Ted Bundy. The Green River killer. Zero guns used, zero shots fired. What made them tick? But let them use a gun and the killer is out of the picture and we need GUN CONTROL!!!

That is true.

And they want to GO AFTER KNIVES, ALL kinds of guns and other things - objects that some people may use for self defense too.

There are some SO CALLED WOKE (Gag!) whack jobs OUT HERE and in other states that want to go after BEAR DEFENSE SPRAY used for BEARS in a self defense situation and other RATED FOR HUMAN BEINGS pepper sprays that some people use for self defense against BAD GUYS too.

SOME STATES do not allow sprays meant for human self defense from what I am reading and have already read in the past too.

Plus the WOKE FREAKS want to get rid of PEACE OFFICERS while they continue to let the BAD GUYS aka thug criminals RUIN a small town, city, suburbia, state and the rest of the country too.

I was talking to an OLD FRIEND on Monday night and he was telling me what he has seen in VERY RURAL areas, smaller and larger cities and tiny villages back east and ALL OVER the rest of the country. He is a Veteran, an old Army man - retired and he drives a truck now and will retire in a couple of years.

Take care.

Cate
Typos and added more.

"can" it?..... Yeah, I suppose but not in statistically meaningful numbers. Kinda like my electricity bill in a leap year.

I love the statistics blithely tossed about without context - I e. "time to crime" of 8.5 years. Really??!! Then there's a high probability that a few of my guns have been involved in some looting, stealing, murder and bank robbing.
They ain't talking.
I've cared and fed those suckers for a long time. What I want to know is, WHERE'S MY CUT!!??
I'm scared now when I go to the safes.

Last Edited:
Speaking of "Civilized"...

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split , as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard

Yeah...gettin' all nerdy again.... :D
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR