JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've purchased two suppressors in the past year on form 4's, individual as that seemed the easiest at the time. Now, after finding out that my time on this planet will be limited by my cancer I'd like to transfer them into a trust so when I'm gone it's not a hassle for my wife. I guess my question is, does there need to be another $200 per item paid? Or do I just start the trust and let the other party wait for background?

So sorry to hear of your illness and best of wishes with treatment. (Our family recently lost someone close to the big C. :()

As to legal machinations, the guys above are correct. Transferring to a trust is going to be another two C-notes and full wait time. If your chief concern is transferring the cans to your wife, a Form 5 is tax exempt and pretty easy for all involved.

Anyway, if we can help in the process, I'm sure the fine folks here will do their best.

Thanks for the quick replies. I'm not going anywhere real, real soon, the docs say to figure on two to four years. I've got some time remaining thankfully. My wife isn't interested in keeping them so I'm going to give them and the firearms to a close friend. I'll watch the video @Reno linked a little later tonight and check out the forms recommended. I figure may as well get it sorted out now vs later. Appreciate the help as always!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top