JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I guess I could rebarrel it to .243 for my son as a deer gun too. Hmmmm.

If you're leaning that way, I'd suggest the 6mm Remington instead. Better all the way around.

In terms of the 300RUM, not a whole lot of an advantage over the 300Winnie. I have both, and the 300 RUM is unshootable off the bench without a muzzle brake. Brass is prohibitively expensive, if you can get it. A box of ammo is about $75.

Safe queen for your boy or go with 30-06AI.
I just converted a Savage 7mm action to 338-300 RUM (338 Edge). McGowan barrel. They also do "Remage" refit for Remington actions. You need a good vise and a Savage barrel wrench. I don't know about the Remington bolt face. It must be 0.584 id to work. IMO, BDL stocks suck. Fortunately every stock maker makes aftermarket ones for Remy actions.
Personally, '06 to a 300RUM is a Franken gun. You would be going fron a .473 base / 3.34 OAL to a .534 base/3.60 OAL. Will the case fit on ejection? I did the Savage because their ports are oversized. I will have to mill the receiver if I want it to be a repeater. For now, mine is a single shot.
304 RUM brass is nearly impossible unless you buy Nosler at > $2 apiece. Brownell just got Hornady brass back in stock for $1.85 each. No thanks.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top