JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Funny shouldn't the constitution trump state law. I mean you should be able to take that into court and win without a fight. The constitution says, that is the second amendment says:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Arms does not specify what weapon and the government cannot regulate at all the right of the people to keep and bear arms. Funny though how states feel they can over power the constitution. The minute you joined the union you accepted the constitution. No state law should surpass Federal law, unless it be to civil war we go.

LOL... I enlisted into the Army @ 17... sported M60's, 1911's, M16's, M203's, and even 12ga. trench guns... had 7 confirmed enemy kills, and took RPG shrapnel to the face (don't worry, I'm still pretty :s0112:) before I was 20... when I PCS'd to Germany, I actually had some spare time & bought a Colt AR15A2 from the rod & gun club... but I had to wait until I was 21 to buy my Berretta 92F... go figure!! :rolleyes:

BTW- I still have that Colt & Berretta... 21 years latter!! :s0155:

Holy heck, I'm glad to hear you're still alive. I'd love to hear some stories.

LOL... I enlisted into the Army @ 17... sported M60's, 1911's, M16's, M203's, and even 12ga. trench guns... had 7 confirmed enemy kills, and took RPG shrapnel to the face (don't worry, I'm still pretty :s0112:) before I was 20... when I PCS'd to Germany, I actually had some spare time & bought a Colt AR15A2 from the rod & gun club... but I had to wait until I was 21 to buy my Berretta 92F... go figure!! :rolleyes:

BTW- I still have that Colt & Berretta... 21 years latter!! :s0155:

Must have been a pain in the butt to get the licensing to have those guns in Germany. My brother is stationed there right now, and has told me about how stringent the gun laws are. They even classify some certain types of pocket knives the same as a gun.

It isnt impossible to own a gun in Germany, but it sure isnt easy. Maybe the laws have changed in regards to gun ownership and posession since you lived there, but right now its pretty controlled.

Those are some good weapons you bought, though! Cool that you still have them. What part of Germany were you stationed in?--tree

Holy heck, I'm glad to hear you're still alive. I'd love to hear some stories.

Awww... not much to tell, long periods of boredom, brief periods of "pants shatting" terror, smoke, sweat, stinky smells, confusion, aching joints and blistered feet.... :winkkiss:

Must have been a pain in the butt to get the licensing to have those guns in Germany. My brother is stationed there right now, and has told me about how stringent the gun laws are. They even classify some certain types of pocket knives the same as a gun.

It isnt impossible to own a gun in Germany, but it sure isnt easy. Maybe the laws have changed in regards to gun ownership and posession since you lived there, but right now its pretty controlled.

Those are some good weapons you bought, though! Cool that you still have them. What part of Germany were you stationed in?--tree

I was in Heidelberg Germany in '86-'88 and served at the USAREUR/CENTAG NATO HQ as a personal security operative for the CINC, Gen. Glenn K. Otis (he was a BAD-ARSE-COOL SOLDIER) and other high falutin' officers & dignataries, and back then (don't know about now) we had a thing called "Status of Forces" and had a Military Issued "Personal Weapons Card" (I believe they were yellow) the same size/shape as our DDForm2A (Personal Military I.D. Card), so we could own anything (and did) that was legal in the U.S. to own, and transport it/them to and from the shooting ranges.... we were never, EVER bothered by the Politzei.

Also, when I was there, German nationals could not purchase ANY firearm that was being OFFICIALLY used by any military force of another country... other than that they could indulge in gun ownership and merely had to show proof of the date of purchase should another country's military start using a weapon already owned. We had many hours of fun alongside German Nationals at the shooting ranges... they always got a kick out of shooting my AR15A2!!

I remember shooting pistols and rifles up above Promentory (past Estacada) as a teenager 16-17yrs. old, with the county Serriff driving by and never giving us any trouble. One time (I wasn't there that time) one of my buds accidently shot himself in the guts while holstering his .22 magnum pistol (single-action pistol at that... the dope), the police only ran the serial numbers to see if it was stolen, but they never confiscated it or anything like that... that was back in the 80's though, things were DEFINATELY different back then.

Around here, if they take your gun and don't fight hard enough to get it back, you won't. You have to fight for your right to party :s0155:

Absolutely correct!

Had a Dan Wesson 357M taken from me in Tigard. Once it was discovered that I was the 'good guy', all charges were dropped within a couple of hours.

However, it took almost a year to get the gun back. I ended up paying a lawyer $100.00 to write them a letter. I got it back within 24 hours of them recieving that letter, but I'm sure I wouldn't have ever got it, if I hadn't fought for it!

Frog.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads