JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have run into some some financial problems and I am going to have to start selling some of my firearms. Guns are very hard to sell right now, I have already sold two in the last few months and I took a huge loss.

I need to sell at least one right now and it's come down to these two as they're the most likely to sell.

A Ruger SR1911.

A Ruger GP100 4"

Both of these are Safe queens and are like new with less than 100 rounds each.

I would like to just sell one but I can't decide.

I never intended to sell either of these and it's very hard to choose.

What would you sell first?

I'd sell the 1911 cuz there is always a way to upgrade when you start buying again.

A GP100 is a great gun and not much in the way of upgrading unless you want to pay a lot more for an older smith if that's your thing.

Other considerations would be are either of these going to turn into users for you?

If so keep the revolver for the woods and the auto for home defense or carry.

I'd sell the 1911 cuz there is always a way to upgrade when you start buying again.

A GP100 is a great gun and not much in the way of upgrading unless you want to pay a lot more for an older smith if that's your thing.

Other considerations would be are either of these going to turn into users for you?

If so keep the revolver for the woods and the auto for home defense or carry.

I've been leaning on keeping the GP100, it's a slightly older model that I bought brand new. They started making the GP100s with some MIM parts now. The SR1911 i bought a few years ago and could replace it when I'm able to, they should just keep improving.

Save the GP100.

If I had the extra scratch I'd bail you out and you could recover down the road.

I'd save the GP100 as a more collectable piece. Look at what happened to the Colt snake guns, which are not as well made.

If you truly cannot decide and it's just economics, post both for sale, contingent on the other not selling, and see which one sells for a better price and then withdraw the other from sale.

Which ones do you have? (Just curious, I don't have the $$ to buy them.)

Ruger® GP100® Standard Double-Action Revolver Models

Ruger® SR1911® Standard Centerfire Pistol Models

Both are nice looking guns. If they are both safe queens, then maybe pick the one you can sell for the most money, or if you have enough other guns, sell 'em both. I know; you can never have enough. :)

The GP100 would be the Model 1705, it's an older model though. It's my understanding they recently started used some MIM parts on the Newer GP100s like for the hammers. That's how my newer SP101 is.

The 1911 would be a model 6700 full size. I purchased it in 2013-2014.

I'm sure I could get more for the 1911, I would probably use the GP100 more.

I'd save the revolver as they seem to be doing poorly right now used. I've seen them as low as 400.

Sorry to hear the sell isn't for another gun.

Makes me feel bad!

Let me know if you need some 38 or 357!

I'd save the revolver as they seem to be doing poorly right now used. I've seen them as low as 400.

Sorry to hear the sell isn't for another gun.

Makes me feel bad!

Let me know if you need some 38 or 357!

I'm stocked up right now and don't have any shooting planned. Thanks for the offer, it means a lot! I hope to be back on my feet soon, just hard to let things go.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top