JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey Folks,

My girlfriend and I are planning on camping around the Crater Lake area. I was hoping for some recommendations beyond what Google has to offer as its been 20 years since I was last there. We don't mind "glamping" at developed sites but prefer areas with a bit more solitude and roughing it. I'll have my dog with me and I know the area has a lot of restrictions.

Any recommendations?

check out the woods around Diamond Lake for dispersed camping on the RRNF or the Umpqua right outside the national park ........138/230 jct area would put you close to both lakes .
If you camp in that area and go home through Roseburg you can stop and hike out all the waterfalls ......at least catch Toketee Falls ........National Falls if you go out Union Creek way

If you were planning on going during the warmer weather, bring yourselves about a gallon of Mosquito juice. Especially around diamond Lake. I spent two summers in Alaska and the mosquitoes near diamond Lake by far The worst I've ever encountered.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top