Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Camping Near Crater Lake

UnionMillsNW

Reactions
Hey Folks,

My girlfriend and I are planning on camping around the Crater Lake area. I was hoping for some recommendations beyond what Google has to offer as its been 20 years since I was last there. We don't mind "glamping" at developed sites but prefer areas with a bit more solitude and roughing it. I'll have my dog with me and I know the area has a lot of restrictions.

Any recommendations?

Reactions
check out the woods around Diamond Lake for dispersed camping on the RRNF or the Umpqua right outside the national park ........138/230 jct area would put you close to both lakes .
If you camp in that area and go home through Roseburg you can stop and hike out all the waterfalls ......at least catch Toketee Falls ........National Falls if you go out Union Creek way

Reactions
If you were planning on going during the warmer weather, bring yourselves about a gallon of Mosquito juice. Especially around diamond Lake. I spent two summers in Alaska and the mosquitoes near diamond Lake by far The worst I’ve ever encountered.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Gooseneck Road
    4.00 star(s)
    Very popular service road with some unmarked logging roads that branch off of the main. Relatively cleaned up from what we saw. I just wish that...
    • Benzdriver81
  • Liberty Safes of Oregon
    5.00 star(s)
    I have now purchased 2 Safe’s and constantly recommend people go here. You get better quality than the other liberty safes made for places like...
    • Motojohonda
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Just dropped by today to pick up a rifle … this is what a gun store should be! None of the crotchety bluster and BS that so many other gun stores...
    • DLS
  • Supporting Vendor J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    I'll put in a good word for J&B Firearms Sales in Beaverton, on Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy (across the street from KFC and BiMart). I've always had...
    • RVNvet
  • Seattle Rifle & Pistol Association
    5.00 star(s)
    This is a members only club. They have had and have some issues that cause membership to fluctuate a bit. There are more rules than shooting in...
    • coltemp