JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not sure exactly what you are asking.

I generally live semi camping style 1-2 months a year. Sometimes coming back to base camp every night and sleeping in my trailer. On the other extreme being dropped off by helo and living on a mountain for a week or so, living under sheet plastic. Either case I am fully supported but still spending a lot of times in the woods.

Be prepared for serious wet any time of the year. We had our family mid August camping trip rained out 3 out of 4 years a while back, and those were on the dry side of the Cascades and car camping. Clothes that dry easily by body heat are desirable. Make sure you treat the seams of anything you plan to use to keep yourself dry.

Be prepared for serious wet any time of the year. We had our family mid August camping trip rained out 3 out of 4 years a while back, and those were on the dry side of the Cascades and car camping. Clothes that dry easily by body heat are desirable. Make sure you treat the seams of anything you plan to use to keep yourself dry.
that's why I have as many tarps as I have tents. even with the rainflys, the tents STILL get wet because the rainflies do not cover the whole tent.....so I set up tarps over them....the tarps are bigger than most of the tents, save for one, so it is easyto set up like a sort of roofed lean-to, and provides both rain shelter and a place to sit outside the tent during the sunny parts... I've got 4 9x7 tarps, 1 9x12 tarp, and several unknown size blue tarps.

build-rocket-stove-design.jpg
I have the link if anyone wants to know how to build it

build-rocket-stove-design.jpg

We got our first dutch oven last summer and have made a couple delicious things in it. There are tons of dutch oven recipes online. Easy prep usually put it on the fire and let it cook.

Old motor homes are really inexpensive. If you are a do it yourself kind of person who is mechanically inclined, purchasing and fixing up an older motor home is very fun and rewarding if you camp a lot and makes winter camping very pleasant. Nothing like going crabbing / shell fish collecting all day at the coast and coming back to camp to a hot shower then camp fire and hours fresh seafood!! Plus most camp grounds are empty too so tons of privacy.

Agree. Last month I bought myself a 19' hybrid trailer its like a standard hard side trailer with beds that flop out like a tent trailer. Its a 1999 model only cost me 3500 bucks. Its only 2700 pounds dry so its easy to tow with a 1/2 ton truck or suv. I like trailers better because once you un hook you have the truck to go exploring in still.

Not sure if this is valid. But it is my favorite pack backing recipes.

Ghetto camp ramen spaghetti:

1 - Whatever legal small game animal you can hunt in the woods. (In NV squirrel was not regulated and good for this recipe) or upland game bird like a dove or two, during legal season.

1 - pack ramen (easy to pack out)

Field strip animal.

Boil in water until done. Remove and let cool. Debone.

Cook noodles until done. Remove.

Skim off fat from water. Drain water.

Add oil to pot and meat. Add ramen flavor packet. Caramelize meat adding a little water to thin.

Add noodles. Add more water till consistent.

Enjoy.

Omelette in a Ziploc bag, Easy to "customize" and super easy prep/clean up.

Great idea! I do the same thing with pre mixed pancake batter. I also put ice in Ziploc bags for drinks. That way you're not putting the same ice in your drink that everyone has been fingering. Plus, it keeps stuff cool.

A few others from my wife, the girl scout:

Put about a half a pack of instant pudding in a plastic Ziploc container (the small round screw top ones are best). Then pour a little milk in and shake shake shake until it's mixed up and enjoy some dessert.

Take dryer lint and wrap it in little pieces of wax paper. Make them about the size of a long tootsie roll (2-3"). Voilà, waterproof fire starters!

You can teach kids how to safely make campfires with marshmallows, coconut shavings, hot tamales, and pretzel sticks. Make a ring with the marshmallows to represent rocks. Build a nice log cabin campfire with the pretzel sticks. Put the coconut shavings in the pretzel log cabin to represent kindling. Then your fire is the hot tamales. My nephews loved that they got to participate in building a campfire and had a snack as their reward for learning to do it safely.

Learn to use 5 gallons of gas, a gallon of saw gas, half a gallon of bar oil, and some disel siphoned off your buddys pickup to start a pile of sopping wet alder for your fire. With practice this technique can produce a smoldering mess of bubblegum by Memorial day. Just in time to pack up and go home. Thats IF you havent bailed already do to running out of beer or cigarettes.

Ahhhh the memories.......

Learn to use 5 gallons of gas, a gallon of saw gas, half a gallon of bar oil, and some disel siphoned off your buddys pickup to start a pile of sopping wet alder for your fire. With practice this technique can produce a smoldering mess of bubblegum by Memorial day. Just in time to pack up and go home. Thats IF you havent bailed already do to running out of beer or cigarettes.

Ahhhh the memories.......
I don't see tranny fluid listed. Oh, and a lighter with WD40.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top