Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Camping and rifles

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by MattMaier, Jun 11, 2013.

1. MattMaier

MattMaier Washington Member

Hey. I'm interested in doing some camping whilst tugging along my SKS. Do any of you take rifles or pistols while camping? If you do, where do you go?

2. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

I never dont take them.

I go all over.

What you take, how you carry and what you do will all depend on the state and the locations........

carracer and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Solomon

Solomon Vancouver Active Member

Sidearm only for me, if that.

4. 1stIDFMP

1stIDFMP North of Salem, south of Portland Active Member

Hangun(s) always, rifle once-in-awhile. But then, I have a travel trailer..... I go all over too.

5. sheepdip

sheepdip Redland Well-Known Member

we rarely go to camp grounds these days. we just go out in the woods somewhere where we can ride our quads. always take firearms for plinking. out around sisters a lot these days as most of the forest roads are open to four wheeling { so far }. gotta have a gun in the trailer, you never know when some low life might show up in the middle of the night thinking that our stuff is free for the taking. WRONG!

6. Mr. Ben

Mr. Ben Snohomish Co. Active Member

Wilderness areas, always at least a handgun. Interesting to see hippie hikers out in the woods just start running when they see a rifle strapped to your pack.

7. Silver Hand

Silver Hand Southern Oregon Coast Well-Known Member

You will never find me to be unarmed wile camping.
    Silver Hand

8. carracer

carracer Nampa, Idaho Active Member

At minimum my LC9. Mostly my 1911. Occasionally throw in a rifle. Lately have been thinking about having a rifle in the car at all times, camping or not.

9. clambo

clambo Vancouver, Wa. Well-Known Member

I've never been unarmed in the woods in my life. When possible I try to camp locations that allow shooting too. That's usually the best time to get my wife, daughter, grandson, etc involved. None of them are real enthusiastic about shooting but I insist on them having at least a basic level of skill with all types of firearms I own. I more or less make them " qualify " 4 to 6 times per year.

10. nwwoodsman

nwwoodsman Vernonia Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer

Unless it's hunting season I almost always take a .357mag revolver and the 10/22. Heading out this weekend to do a little outdoors "survival" camping in a very remote area. Bringing those two along because they're all I'll need to feed me and fend off anything that wants to feed on me.