JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
first and foremost, if this is the wrong place for this thread, please forgive me.

i have a Remington 870 super mag in black/synthetic. i was wondering who has recommendations on who i would be able to send it to to get a camo coating on it? and if peoeple have done this, is it done well and worth the price? looking for experienced and knowledgeable feedback. i picked it up for a fair price and im looking to copy the waterfowl edition without buying a new gun.

thanks,
Tyler.

thanks for the recommendation. looks like they do pretty nice work. it sounds a little more on the expensive side, but maybe ill give them a call this week and see how much a total would be.

Tyler.
It's pricy because they have to strip the gun, media blast all metal parts, chemically clean all non metal parts, coat those parts with a unique primer, do the hydrographic dipping, then apply several coats of clear sealant over that and reassemble the gun... assuming they are doing it right. I use Northwest Hydroprint in Montesano, Washington.
Northwest Gun Refinishing (a supporting vendor here at NFC) does Duracoat stencil camo... as an alternative to hydrodipping. "Gunfixx" is the member name of the owner... good guy and long time gun nut, he does a great job.

Happy New Year,
C

Thanks for the other recommendation. I actually didnt mean to insinuate that it was unreasonably priced, i just meant that its probably not cost affective over buying a shotgun/rifle that is already camouflage. Its higher cost than i figured it would be, but after reading about the procedure on their website (similar to what you stated,) i can understand the cost. Ill also look into the place in Monte, thats only about 1.5 hours from me.

Tyler.

Thanks for the other recommendation. I actually didnt mean to insinuate that it was unreasonably priced, i just meant that its probably not cost affective over buying a shotgun/rifle that is already camouflage. Its higher cost than i figured it would be, but after reading about the procedure on their website (similar to what you stated,) i can understand the cost. Ill also look into the place in Monte, thats only about 1.5 hours from me.

Tyler.

Sorry for the double post, phone is a pile of bubblegum.
Bubblegum phone? It's a miracle it works at all. ;)
I actually didnt mean to insinuate that it was unreasonably priced, i just meant that its probably not cost affective over buying a shotgun/rifle that is already camouflage.
Yep, it's hard to justify the cost of hydrodipping for some guns. Maybe get yourself a Duracoat camo DIY kit and give it a try yourself... although the weather right now isn't real conducive to spray painting unless you have a heated workspace.

Cheers,
C

hm, that was weird i typed s-h-i-t and my phone must have autocorrect me to say bubblegum for some reason haha, but yeah ill definitely be getting some sort of realtree or mossyoak coating, or just leaving it black. i dont really wanna spray paint it, i dont like the look.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top