JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
You know there is a rule on here about thread craping.:(
Yes i am well aware what an SKS is worth and yes i am well aware what DuraCoat paint costs i buy it all the time. Some day they may make something that flies off the net and puts itself on a gun but until then here is what we have to do.
Somebody has to strip the gun, beed blast it and prep it for for paint (if you want a quality job that lasts forever) now that has taken up a day of my time, oh by the way you would need to buy the equipment to do this work.
Next we put a base coat of paint on the gun and let it dry for several hours.
Next we put the gun back together as much as possible with larger parts.
Next we put the first stencils on it carefully as to start a pattern of colors, oh and by the way it is a good idea to buy a good quality paint gun to put this on with, doesn't work well with a paint brush, then we decide what color will look best next and apply that color and let dry for several hours.
Next we put the next set of stencils on an the next color, this gun has five colors on it so you get the idea.
Next you pull all the stencils off and use a special cleaner to get the glue residue left behide from the stencils cleaned off.
Next you spray it with clear coat for and even finish,(had to by the cearcoat it didn't come in the kit).
Next you disassemble the gun and put all the internal small parts and peaces back in and reassemble the gun, Know its done.

So lets summerize here, i took a $350.00 gun and bought a kit for $100.00, i didn't want the colors in the kit so i bought four other colors that i did like, i bought some clearcoat,(not in the kit) i bought some thinner,(not in the kit), bought a paint gun just for this application, bought a beed blast cabnet and all other necessary components.
Spent two days prepping and painting and you think the paint job is only worth $100.00
Now $700.00 may well be more than the gun is worth we don't know that, obviously more than you want to pay but maybe not for the next guy that thinks it's really cool and just what he is looking for, thats the guy i want to talk to, but never the less that is why i said "make me and offer"and oh buy the way you could call up guncoat Northwest http://www.guncoat.com/index.php?loc=80 they use the same DuraCoat paint for there jobs and if you have them do this same plaint job it will cost you $900.00 or more.

Steve,

PS thanks for the bump. :D

I called GUNCOAT NW about a month ago , checking on pricing a paint job on my Mossberg 835. SJS46 is RIGHT ON THE MONEY HERE :s0155:, they wanted $1,000+ to paint my shotgun. Good quality work doesn't come cheap anymore......

Thanks for the input, I'm sure i could give you a heck of a deal on a paint job on your 835.
Steve,

SJS46...How much was the paint job. I recently purchased a desert digital camo kit from Duracoat and it was only $99.00. So why so much for the paint job? Just curious.....thanx

I just answered the same question to REDRUM yesterday on this thread

It is one thing to go buy a kit off the net but it is a whole different thing to have the equipment and the experiance to do a quality DuraCoat job on a firearm, but that is how you get started.

You can check out some of the links that have been posted on this thread as to how much companies are charging for these types of Epoxy Coatings

By the way if your going to try and paint your gun yourself PM me and i will be more than happy to give you a few pointers.:s0155:

Steve,

SJS46...Sure I can use some pointers. But by trade I am a painter for a very large airplane manufacturer here in the Puget Sound region. I have been painting for them for 22 years. I also paint motorcycles on the side for friends. I paint exlusevly for a couple of national AMA motorcycle roadrace teams. I have taken several airbrush classes sponsored by PPG and have learned alot. I didn't take the classes with the intent of making money. But rather to do my own stuff without paying somebody else to do it. I am sorry if you took offense to the question. It is my fault for not taking into consideration for the knowledge and labor. Truely, sorry man! My girlfriend is going to Arizona in a couple of weeks and I am going to take the time to paint my FAL that I recently put together. I'll try and get some pic up to show. The only thing that I am lacking is a scope. :s0155:

No problem, i didn't take offence, i'm like you i have been painting cars sence i was in high school, my dad and i had a body shop for years, but sounds like i could learn some things from you.
look forword to seeing those pictures, bet it's nice.

Steve,

I think it looks GREAT. What is the worth of a one of a kind gun you would get so much attention with at the range? What you are asking for is nothing compared with the smiles you would see when people see it . WOW. Nice. and on and on. The dang thing probably shoots good too. Its a masterpiece someone should of scooped up a long time ago.

Yeh through the years I have painted a few cars myself. A couple for myself and my crowning acheivment was a 1956 Ford Thunderbird in the original Ford eggshell white. We did it in a garage and it turned out great. Even though it was right in the middle of cottonwood season and the little cotton like feathers...what ever were evey were. Oh well...like I said it's mainly for myself.

I think it looks GREAT. What is the worth of a one of a kind gun you would get so much attention with at the range? What you are asking for is nothing compared with the smiles you would see when people see it . WOW. Nice. and on and on. The dang thing probably shoots good too. Its a masterpiece someone should of scooped up a long time ago.

Thanks!:D

SJS46...Oh man...over here on this thread I had no idea what you are having to put up with. I guess the question was already asked when I asked you the same on another thread. Again, Sorry....

I picked up two brand new 30 rnd mags this week, they have no markings on them, i'm just about done painting them to match, should be done tomorrow.
Will throw them in on the deal.

Steve,

WOW, 4 pages in a WTS add in the classifieds, and not a single offer. I am not saying that your rifle is overpriced, 4 pages of complete BS says that loud enough. I guess it should come as no surprise, I have also seen small rifle primers for as high as 110 dollars/thousand, and a WASR-10 for 900 dollars. I understand the concept of free market and I agree with it for the most part, but what really disappoints me is the stupid people that can not see when they are being taken for a ride. The stupid people that would pay too much for something because they have no clue, they are the ones that ruin free market. One such person even said you would get smiles at the range when people see this rifle, they wouldn't be smiles, they would be snickers because they think you are an idiot also. I wasn't going to post on this thread because I did not want to crap on your thread or hurt any ones feelings, which I have a tendency to do, but after 4 pages of this crap I can't help it. I am sure this will get deleted but I had to say this.

I was not the first "rear" on the pot (close, but sloppy thirds) and it seems that everyone is taking a turn on this fine porcelain express...

:D

I just read every post in this thread. There goes 30 minutes of my life that I can not get back.

I guess that I do not understand the problem here. It is his rifle that he has put a lot of work into. He has asked several times for offers. A few offers have come up, but they are hard to find through all of the insults.

Get over it. Buy the rifle, make the man an offer, or move on and take the discussion out of the classifieds.

WOW, 4 pages in a WTS add in the classifieds, and not a single offer. I am not saying that your rifle is overpriced, 4 pages of complete BS says that loud enough. I guess it should come as no surprise, I have also seen small rifle primers for as high as 110 dollars/thousand, and a WASR-10 for 900 dollars. I understand the concept of free market and I agree with it for the most part, but what really disappoints me is the stupid people that can not see when they are being taken for a ride. The stupid people that would pay too much for something because they have no clue, they are the ones that ruin free market. One such person even said you would get smiles at the range when people see this rifle, they wouldn't be smiles, they would be snickers because they think you are an idiot also. I wasn't going to post on this thread because I did not want to crap on your thread or hurt any ones feelings, which I have a tendency to do, but after 4 pages of this crap I can't help it. I am sure this will get deleted but I had to say this.

You know man, keep your "opinions" out of peoples ads. I cant believe that you would have the audacity to slam this guy after hes had to explain himself over and over again to most of the people who have posted here. His asking price is perfectly reasonable, with the cost of his own time and expertice in applying the duracoat. If you dont like it, shove off! The same goes for the rest of you that have nothing better to do than to s**t on this guys thread! Its people like you that need to go back to THR or Glock Talk and quit cluttering up ads and thread crapping. GET THE **** OVER IT!

You know man, keep your "opinions" out of peoples ads. I cant believe that you would have the audacity to slam this guy after hes had to explain himself over and over again to most of the people who have posted here. His asking price is perfectly reasonable, with the cost of his own time and expertice in applying the duracoat. If you dont like it, shove off! The same goes for the rest of you that have nothing better to do than to s**t on this guys thread! Its people like you that need to go back to THR or Glock Talk and quit cluttering up ads and thread crapping. GET THE **** OVER IT!

Quit cluttering up ads??? I have one post on the fourth page of this silly add and you say I am cluttering this up. That is about as logical as saying I am solely responsible for global warming because I used a can of aquanet. And I am not slamming this guy for charging too much for an SKS with a paint job, I don't care what he charges. If it was a good deal it would have been sold before there was a four page thread in the classifieds without any offers.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.