JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Here we have a $400 sks with a $600 Dura Coat paint job on it. This is a Norinco SKS with matching serial numbers (0889) and a synthetic folding stock, as the pics show it has a bayonet lug but the bayonet is MIA.
This gun has been fired very little, when i disassembled it for the paint job it had all the original grease on it.
If someone buys this and has a bayonet i will paint it free of charge. Also has two 30 rnd mags that are painted to match.

I painted this for a friend and he would like to trade for a nice .40 cal pistol, looking for a Glock, Sig or HK or $500.00 cash OBO, all deals FTF in oregon. Will consider other offers but no low balls please.

Thanks for looking

SKS-08.jpg
SKS-04.jpg
SKS-09.jpg
SKS2006.jpg
:cool: :gun11:

Last Edited:
I saw this on Outdoors traders and wanted to put up a post making fun of the asking price. Thought I would search first to see if one was already up and to my surprise, here we are...

Most everything has already been said... A $600 home paint job!

$600 would be what i would charge if you were to ask me to paint your gun, the going rate for the same paint job with the same paint would be $900 plus,from companies in the area, i know i've checked and i think the price sucks that is why i decided to paint my own and also paint others for a fair price, with the price of paint, material and prep i would likely charge $500 and still be able to make a couple of dollars on the deal.

You know there is a rule on here about thread craping.:(
Yes i am well aware what an SKS is worth and yes i am well aware what DuraCoat paint costs i buy it all the time. Some day they may make something that flies off the net and puts itself on a gun but until then here is what we have to do.
Somebody has to strip the gun, beed blast it and prep it for for paint (if you want a quality job that lasts forever) now that has taken up a day of my time, oh by the way you would need to buy the equipment to do this work.
Next we put a base coat of paint on the gun and let it dry for several hours.
Next we put the gun back together as much as possible with larger parts.
Next we put the first stencils on it carefully as to start a pattern of colors, oh and by the way it is a good idea to buy a good quality paint gun to put this on with, doesn't work well with a paint brush, then we decide what color will look best next and apply that color and let dry for several hours.
Next we put the next set of stencils on an the next color, this gun has five colors on it so you get the idea.
Next you pull all the stencils off and use a special cleaner to get the glue residue left behide from the stencils cleaned off.
Next you spray it with clear coat for an even finish,(had to by the clearcoat it didn't come in the kit).
Next you disassemble the gun and put all the internal small parts and peaces back in and reassemble the gun, now its done.

So lets summerize here, i took a $350.00 gun and bought a kit for $100.00, i didn't want the colors in the kit so i bought four other colors that i did like, i bought some clearcoat,(not in the kit) i bought some thinner,(not in the kit), bought a paint gun just for this application, bought a beed blast cabnet and all other necessary components.
Spent two days prepping and painting and you think the paint job is only worth $100.00
Now $700.00 may well be more than the gun is worth we don't know that, obviously more than you want to pay but maybe not for the next guy that thinks it's really cool and just what he is looking for, thats the guy i want to talk to, but never the less that is why i said "make me and offer"and oh buy the way you could call up guncoat Northwest http://www.guncoat.com/index.php?loc=80 they use the same DuraCoat paint for there jobs and if you have them do this same plaint job it will cost you $900.00 or more.

Steve,

PS thanks for the bump. :D

How about a Ruger " Old Army " .457 Blackpowder pistol and $100.00 ??
Is there any ammo that comes with the gun ?
No Thanks, if that was a Glock 22 we would probably be making a deal right now.
No ammo with it.

Thanks for the offer. :s0155:

Steve,

I would have to do some research on that one, but i think there would need to be a cash offer to go with it.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.