JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi There,

I was wondering if any of you have had any luck using calls, scents (e.g., doe urine) or rattling to attract black tail buck deer. I used to hunt in the east coast (PA) and all of these worked well there with White Tails, but have not heard many people talk about these strategies here in the Pacific Northwest.

Check the ODFW website. In the the NW Oregon hunting units, the number of deer taken vs the number of hunters is less than 20% in almost all units.

I live in the middle of Tigard, OR. I have a two acre green space behind my house. The odds of my finding a deer in that green space are probably fifty times higher than finding one on public hunting lands.

I know exactly what you mean. Here in Corvallis you see deer (both bucks and does) within city limits at people's front yards or crossing the streets all the time (I actually saw a doe and a spike buck this morning a block from my house). However, I never see one at the Dunn Forest where I'm hunting with my son. Go figure.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top