1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Calling Sig (P226) experts

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by hotSAUCE, Mar 11, 2014.

1. hotSAUCE

hotSAUCE All over Active Member

So i do realize the new P226 X5's are out and seem to be a lot more money than the older ones. I'm no expert as to why i'm asking.

So I think I want to get a Sig P226 X5 (any variant) but I can't tell the main differences. I have gone to sig website and the only 4 on the site are the X5, Competition, Allround, and Tactical (which I don't want since it's not SS). But I had a chance to hand a X5 L1 but I can't seem to find any info on this except a OUT OF STOCK and a price.

Can someone break down the differences in models of the X5 that I don't see?
  2. CAL30M1

CAL30M1 Longview, WA Active Member

I came close to buying one recently and had similar questions. This is what I found. The X5 is single action only, has wood panel grips, magwell and an adjustable trigger. The Competition model is single action only has polymer grips, magwell and a non-adjustable trigger. The allround is Double action/single action, standard polymer gips with no magwell and comes with magazines that hold 2 less rounds that the X5 and Competition. Hope that helps.