Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Calling Sig (P226) experts

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by hotSAUCE, Mar 11, 2014.

1. hotSAUCE

hotSAUCE All over Active Member

So i do realize the new P226 X5's are out and seem to be a lot more money than the older ones. I'm no expert as to why i'm asking.

So I think I want to get a Sig P226 X5 (any variant) but I can't tell the main differences. I have gone to sig website and the only 4 on the site are the X5, Competition, Allround, and Tactical (which I don't want since it's not SS). But I had a chance to hand a X5 L1 but I can't seem to find any info on this except a OUT OF STOCK and a price.

Can someone break down the differences in models of the X5 that I don't see?

2. CAL30M1

CAL30M1 Longview, WA Active Member

I came close to buying one recently and had similar questions. This is what I found. The X5 is single action only, has wood panel grips, magwell and an adjustable trigger. The Competition model is single action only has polymer grips, magwell and a non-adjustable trigger. The allround is Double action/single action, standard polymer gips with no magwell and comes with magazines that hold 2 less rounds that the X5 and Competition. Hope that helps.