JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The folks that operate this website seem like decent, well intentioned people and I'm not questioning that in any way. Nonetheless, legal circumstances which should be obvious to everyone now necessitate the form/function of this site to evolve. Immediately. No debate, no discussion--- just do something. I think the moderators and administrators here need to hit the gas in a major way. Actively collaborate, pool money information and resources with OFF, NRA, Noveske, OFA, all the gun stores and every manufacturer, dealer, trainer and interested party in the NW area. Make some calls. You think these isolated parties/businesses/organizations aren't wishing someone would lead the fight here? You think OFF isn't wishing for more support every day that they go to bat? Providing a simple non-political forum is great, we donate here and there, we appreciate it and so do you benefit from the operation. Great, fine. But with the number of members here it's time to use that forum, those numbers, for something greater than chit chat and trading.

To the members here: everyone is feeling the economy. Everyone. Is it a coincidence that rates of idiocy and mayhem increase accordingly? No, it's not all. We all toss some spare change at the NRA and OFF. It's not good enough. Now is the time to shell out that extra ten bucks, sure. But now is gonna require more than that. Now is the time to inundate, overwhelm and positively take ownership over the representatives in Oregon and Washington. Now is the time to call OFF and see where you can be of use. Now is the time to send physical letters instead of email. It's time to get your rhetoric together and go down to the representatives' offices and speak with him or her. Now is that time. Why does OFF not have a dedicated sub-forum here? Where are the voices of the firearm-related businesses in the region? Where is the banner headline that instead of an advertising something is giving me up to the minute news on what Oregon and Washington legislators are up to in the dark of night? These are just ideas, I'm sure between all the sharp folks on this site many much better ideas can pitched and executed.

If not, if the national momentum is not obstructed, then this forum is going to end. The interests we all share are going to end. And of course, that will only be the start of the problems. Normalcy bias is real. We need to get out in front of ourselves, as it were, stop bickering and put some organization and funding to this problem asap.

The folks that operate this website seem like decent, well intentioned people and I'm not questioning that in any way. Nonetheless, legal circumstances which should be obvious to everyone now necessitate the form/function of this site to evolve. Immediately. No debate, no discussion--- just do something. I think the moderators and administrators here need to hit the gas in a major way. Actively collaborate, pool money information and resources with OFF, NRA, Noveske, OFA, all the gun stores and every manufacturer, dealer, trainer and interested party in the NW area. Make some calls. You think these isolated parties/businesses/organizations aren't wishing someone would lead the fight here? You think OFF isn't wishing for more support every day that they go to bat? Providing a simple non-political forum is great, we donate here and there, we appreciate it and so do you benefit from the operation. Great, fine. But with the number of members here it's time to use that forum, those numbers, for something greater than chit chat and trading.

To the members here: everyone is feeling the economy. Everyone. Is it a coincidence that rates of idiocy and mayhem increase accordingly? No, it's not all. We all toss some spare change at the NRA and OFF. It's not good enough. Now is the time to shell out that extra ten bucks, sure. But now is gonna require more than that. Now is the time to inundate, overwhelm and positively take ownership over the representatives in Oregon and Washington. Now is the time to call OFF and see where you can be of use. Now is the time to send physical letters instead of email. It's time to get your rhetoric together and go down to the representatives' offices and speak with him or her. Now is that time. Why does OFF not have a dedicated sub-forum here? Where are the voices of the firearm-related businesses in the region? Where is the banner headline that instead of an advertising something is giving me up to the minute news on what Oregon and Washington legislators are up to in the dark of night? These are just ideas, I'm sure between all the sharp folks on this site many much better ideas can pitched and executed.

If not, if the national momentum is not obstructed, then this forum is going to end. The interests we all share are going to end. And of course, that will only be the start of the problems. Normalcy bias is real. We need to get out in front of ourselves, as it were, stop bickering and put some organization and funding to this problem asap.

=====================================================

Great Idea, you should create your own website, I'll be the first to join (PM me the addy).

Considering that it took these guys five years to build this website to the numbers they have and we have probably less than five months before something hard hits legislation wise in Oregon, that doesn't strike me as the first thing to do. But thanks for contributing gunhills.

I support your OP in general, it just seems like you are being a little presumptive to suggest that our beloved northwestfirearms.com should change there business plan.

This website is and always has been a staunch supporter of the constitution and the 2nd amendment.

This site does not even require a membership fee, why should they.

I'm not suggesting either a change of their business plan or charging fees, and I agree about their support. I had hoped that was clear in the OP, but maybe it was not. I have zero ill feelings against this site, I was one of the first members long ago. The moderators and administrators have treated me with nothing but fairness and it's one of my most frequented sites.

My specific suggestions were meant more as examples of actions and it's actions that I think are important. National momentum will fizzle. I took one for the team today to check out Twitter and already the outrage is cooling. Nonetheless, if I wanted to take over a nation with an agenda I would it one region at a time. The NW teeters on the edge. But I digress from your point, all I'm asking is: is there something more we can do? Because I think now is the time and regional alliances might be wise.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top