JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a tavor in 300 bo want to convert to 556 the kit that I have the option to buy does not have the recoil system but it has everything else. Can I use my 300 bo recoil system it shows that the piston may be a tad bigger?

IMG_4402.jpg

I have someone that is going to sell me everything in the conversion kit besides the recoil system. That's why I was trying to see if I could use my 300bo recoil system for the 556
Ya, they are different. No go without the 556 assembly. Why would they retain the bolt assembly?

Ya, they are different. No go without the 556 assembly. Why would they retain the bolt assembly?
IwI says the 300 Bo and 556 recoil systems are exactly the same 556 bolt fits and everything just the Piston is slightly larger on the 300 bo

IwI says the 300 Bo and 556 recoil systems are exactly the same 556 bolt fits and everything just the Piston is slightly larger on the 300 bo
Sorry, should have clarified, I meant to ask why the seller is keeping the bolt/recoil assembly and not selling it with the rest of the kit?

Also, IWI headspaces bolts to barrels, so they are kind of mated and I don't know about swapping them around!?!

You know that's a great question that I'm going to ask the person who's selling it. The kit that he is selling includes the bolt just not recoil assembly :)

I would have assumed the 5.56 recoil spring would be stiffer than the .300 BO considering the difference in spring rates between my .300 BO and 5.56 AR systems.

Smart, I'd check beyond this forum to see what the internet might hold, bigger pool of information. The Tavor conversion swap was reported to be much more involved than most people would bother with.
I literally searched the tavor forums,the deepest parts of reddit, bullpup forums,ar15.com with no luck

do you have a barrel wrench? If you can take your rifle down and post pictures of where your piston connects to your barrel assembly, we can compare notes. i've got the 5.56, you've got the .300 and an answer can be found

do you have a barrel wrench? If you can take your rifle down and post pictures of where your piston connects to your barrel assembly, we can compare notes. i've got the 5.56, you've got the .300 and an answer can be found
Thanks for the help!!!! No barrel wrench just ordered one yesterday but I'll see if I can get in there

Good idea. I was thinking some calipers on the 5.56 compare to the .300 BO would determine this rather quick, if the dimensions are effectively identical, it seems a no go, otherwise IWI would have made them identical if it didn't matter.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top