JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
glocks are fine tuned you start changing spring weights , weight of slides it becomes a guessing game.

most glock comp guys use factory ammo since the primers are lighter on some manuf, I believe its federal. remans always are a hard primer. but once you change 1 part you need to change 3 more and find the go between

1) no gun is perfect out of the box
2) any "quick google search" of "(insert gun here) Failure to fire" will result in page after page of anecdotal stories.
3) LEO's generally put a steal guide rod and beefier spring due to the amount of stress they put on their guns.
4) Generally an out of the box gun of any type is good enough for the average shooter.

ok now that those our out of the way;
Light primer strikes could be due to a number of reasons, without seeing the gun in action or reviewing the internals wear and tear i could not offer concrete advice on whats up. that being said, Possibilities are:
1) weak/worn firing pin
2) something in your firing pin shute (or missing the plastic sheat that goes in it, ive seen this a few times on complete builds)
3) the gun is not coming back in full battery and the after market parts arent operating correctly and completely preventing a primer strike.
4) added weight from the RMR could be causing issues if you havent lightened the slides enough to make up for this.
(not a complete list of possible failures)

Magazine falling out could be:
1) overly worn magazine or magazine spring/release
2) incorrectly installed parts.

in conclusion:
without actually getting hands on, I cant accurately identify the issue(s) but can only venture a few guesses. No, i dont think its user error, no i dont think its because "after market glocks suck" (because they dont) but i do think some fine tuning of your pistols will result in a pleasurable experience.

Both these pistols have their fair share of non-Glock components which is going to expose you to a malfunction more so than with stock components. Just a Law of Averages thing.
When I re-read the original post with TWO pistols at the same range session, experiencing light strikes, I would have to look at the ammo as #1 culprit.

It's been a while, maybe the OP has solved the issue ?

3) LEO's generally put a steal guide rod and beefier spring due to the amount of stress they put on their guns.
I've never heard of this one.
Glock-equipped Depts use Glock-trained armorers and they are adamant about using genuine Glock replacement parts.

Personally, I have used the aftermarket RSA's and the Glock RSA's.
I have found that the Glock RSA's are more than adequate.
They are inexpensive and just change them out at their normal duty cycle and you are golden.

I've never heard of this one.
Glock-equipped Depts use Glock-trained armorers and they are adamant about using genuine Glock replacement parts.

Personally, I have used the aftermarket RSA's and the Glock RSA's.
I have found that the Glock RSA's are more than adequate.
They are inexpensive and just change them out at their normal duty cycle and you are golden.

Yep that's right. They are not allowed to swap out anything other than night sights. Everything is stock.

I personally would not change out anything on a glock I intended to protect myself and my family with.

The only issues people have with glocks are from modified pistols/aftermarket parts.

Of course you can make a glock feel and perform better, but you will always sacrifice reliability.

Ok, you guys win.

I'll just remain a silent member and ask for help in other places.

Cheers
Hi,
I was getting light primer strikes on a G21 45acp using a Storm Lake
10mm conversion barrel. Long story short it was a filthy striker and a
dirty extractor/safety plunger.

My fault. Used too much REM aerosol oil in those areas. Never happened
to me before.

Once both areas were cleaned the striker protrusion was normal.
I noticed you stated that your weapon had under gone an ultrasonic cleaning.

So I'm sorry if this is redundant. I'm sorry you had to through replies
that you thought were not helpful.
I was a member of the old "Southwest Pistol League". Nobody were
using Glocks in 1990. I was squaded numerous times with Taran Butler.
He took an interest in the polymer platform. He used my pistol on a number of occasions. Soooo....sorry for the rant. G19 gen 4 modded is my SHTF
pistol. And that's why John Wick(Keanu Reeves) uses Glocks.
Hope this helps.
TKO
Ok, you guys win.

I'll just remain a silent member and ask for help in other places.

Cheers
U

Thanks, I gave them a bath in the ultrasonic cleaner and will see if that does anything. I did give them a lube before shooting today so I'll try them both with less lube like suggested in the event any got in the striker channel and slowed down the firing pin. I just found it odd that it only happened with long, slow trigger pulls on both guns.

I too would say it could be all the after market whizbang on these, I've done a number on more than a couple cars in my day on the quest for high HP and insane TQ with parts and tuning, I'm just asking if anyone has heard of these issues before and can offer advice before I have to send them off or take em to a smith.

Glocks only need lubed in 3 spots.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads