JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Happy Memorial Day to all! I decided to spend it shooting a couple of new firearms I've added to the inventory with my old man.

I would just like to let it be known, I am a long time reader and seller on here, but first time poster. Please go easy on me if I'm just missing something completely obvious with what I am about to ask for help with.

I have been shooting for over a couple of decades, have built more ARs than I can count on all my fingers and toes, I'm a former active duty Army infantry sergeant with 27 months spent in Iraq. I am not new to guns, shooting, building or modding guns at all.

BUT, I am new to Glocks. Have been a HK fanboy since 2003 and recently got into the Gucci Glock game.

I have a Grey Ghost Precision Compact Combat Pistol and a Glock 43. The Grey Ghost CCP is stock from GGP and the 43 has an Agency trigger, Hyve mag release, and a Suarez Internation SI-43 RMR slide. I took both out to my secret shooting spot in the woods today expecting to break them in but found myself scratching my head and not feeling anywhere near comfortable to use either for a bedside blaster or CCW.

BOTH pistols experienced light primer strikes resulting in hang fires. Something I noticed with Glocks is they have a rectangular slit on the breech face where the firing pin comes out. I was getting primer strikes all over the primer, way off center. I have never seen this before with any previous handguns I have owned or used. I have always seen a circular hole where a circular firing pin comes out, striking the primer dead center. The primer hits from both of these guns were off center. Is that normal for Glocks?

I have RMRs on both of these pistols, I was trying to get the red dots dialed in so I was holding the pistol steady and slowly pulling on the trigger and thats when I would get the failures to fire due to light primer strikes. The GGP-CCP has a CMC trigger and the 43 an Agency. This happened 6 times with the Grey Ghost and 3 times with the 43. I used several makes of ammo from Speer, Winchester, and Sig and it did not matter what ammo it was. It happened with all of them. However, when pulling the trigger like normal and not a slow pull, they went bang, just not when going for a slow, precision shot.

I also had issues with the magazines coming out while shooting the 43. No, my fingers or hand were not engaging the magazine release during firing. I am definitely disappointed with how today went down and am seeking help from anyone that knows what the problems are and how I can fix them on my own, or if I need to send these off for repair (which I hate doing). Do I need new, stronger springs anywhere or what can be causing this happen? I am confident it is not user error, as I've done the slow trigger pull with every pistol I've ever owned when sighting in. The CMC trigger is a horrible trigger with how much slack you have to take up before it breaks, but I was very confused as the Agency had the same thing happen when slowly pulling it as well.

glocks.jpeg

Last Edited:
Did you own and shoot these in their original non modified form?

If so I imagine they wouldn't have these issues.

It's likely all the aftermarket components causing the gun to have issues.

not trying to sound condescending or sarcastic but i would bet 100% that aftermarket parts are the issue. also, if these glocks were heavily lubed especially in or near the striker tunnel you could have gunk in there slowing down the striker or even a (in a longshot) hydra lock of the striker if lube is on the inside of the breach face. remember, fluid cannot be compressed.

ive seen bent strikers.

a plunger spring could also be the culprit if its not fully allowing the trigger bar to move the plunger out of the way. an out of spec cruciform could be hanging the striker up as well.

if anything disassemble the slide and have a look. glocks are extremely easy to completely strip.

strip it down, take detailed pics and post them.

of nothing is prevalent, i feel like you could eliminate your issues by putting stock glock parts in it.

Not to pile on and do feel bad, nice looking pistols. My first guess is the after market too. While they sure look nice that does not mean they work. All anyone here can do is take wild guess's without seeing and trying the pistols. If it was me? I would ask for a Smith in the area who could have a look. Hopefully it would be a simple fix for both of them. Good luck and assuming you get them operational let us know what was done.

The grey ghost comes from grey ghost the way it is, it is its "original form" from the factory.

As for the 43, bought the frame and built it, the complete slide is direct from Suarez.

There are no original parts to revert back to. After doing some digging in the Google, seems this is a well kown issue with OEM Glocks as well and that a breefier spring is needed for the striker/firing pin.

This was the first time firing both today as both a brand new and never fired. If there were any other issues outside of light primer strikes, I'd give them more time to work out and break in, but light primer strikes are worrisome to me. I'll write Hyve about the mag coming out when shooting and see what they say.

I can't track what these pistols are (as in specs).
Looks like one is built on a P80 frame.
Info is sprinkled throughout the post.

Clear, concise and complete specs on each pistol would be helpful.
Past history, if any, on each pistol would help as well.

Grey Ghost has all the specs on their website for the CCP.

Suarez international has all the info on the SI-43 slide on their website. Built with Glock internals except the barrel.
And the frame is OEM Glock, with Glock parts and an agency trigger.

I'll stick to Google unless anyone wants to offer useful advice versus thinking Glocks are absolute perfection in stock form.
I've worked with enough contractors and LEOs who have plenty of gripes and stories and issues with Glocks. To be honest, that's why I stayed away from them for so long. I've fired plenty in my life and never liked them in stock form, so when I decided to buy some, I didn't want a factory Glock.
A simple google search for Glock failure to fire leads to the same issues I described and it could be the striker spring or recoil spring assembly not bringing the slide back into battery and causing off center or weak primer strikes. Both RSAs are OEM Glock parts so I'll just keeping digging and see what I can do.

Thanks, I gave them a bath in the ultrasonic cleaner and will see if that does anything. I did give them a lube before shooting today so I'll try them both with less lube like suggested in the event any got in the striker channel and slowed down the firing pin. I just found it odd that it only happened with long, slow trigger pulls on both guns.

I too would say it could be all the after market whizbang on these, I've done a number on more than a couple cars in my day on the quest for high HP and insane TQ with parts and tuning, I'm just asking if anyone has heard of these issues before and can offer advice before I have to send them off or take em to a smith.

I'll stick to Google unless anyone wants to offer useful advice versus thinking Glocks are absolute perfection in stock form.
I've worked with enough contractors and LEOs who have plenty of gripes and stories and issues with Glocks. To be honest, that's why I stayed away from them for so long. I've fired plenty in my life and never liked them in stock form, so when I decided to buy some, I didn't want a factory Glock.
A simple google search for Glock failure to fire leads to the same issues I described and it could be the striker spring or recoil spring assembly not bringing the slide back into battery and causing off center or weak primer strikes. Both RSAs are OEM Glock parts so I'll just keeping digging and see what I can do.

If you dislike Glock so much, doesn't make much sense to buy the Gucci'd-out version, does it? Just go back to whatever you liked before.

It's not that I dislike them. They just didn't feel right in my hand. The 1911 angled grip of the serialized P80 frame that grey ghost uses changed that.

Having options to stipple the grip and add texture changes that as well as I'm not a fan of adding Hogue rubber grip sleeves to all my poly frames and making the grip fatter etc..

I was just waiting for things to change, some guys don't like the finger groves so they remove them etc...

Like I said, I was a HK guy and wanted something different and these high end Glocks seemed worth a try. I'm not trying to debate anything here, and this is why I never post because things always get so off topic from what the OP puts.

This is just a post of hey, anyone think they know what this might be? If so, what do you got?

Well here is another great example of the net. I DO NOT care for Glock, don't own one. I do know better than to believe any net stories about them being a problem. I am sorry you are having problems with one that was put together from parts but you are deluding yourself and have to "want to believe", that it's common for stock Glocks to not work. It's just not true any more than google telling you Elvis is still alive. Yes a LOT of LEO's did not like, and still do not like being forced to take any gun. Glocks are not for everyone. The ones who do not like them it's not because they were handed a stock one and it did not work. If you want to keep having more frustration, keep googling for answers and guessing. If you want the pistols to just work? Take them to a pro who knows what they are doing instead of anonymous stories on the net.

Grey Ghost has all the specs on their website for the CCP.

Suarez international has all the info on the SI-43 slide on their website. Built with Glock internals except the barrel.
And the frame is OEM Glock, with Glock parts and an agency trigger.
OK, it's on Grey Ghost to figure out the light strikes with their pistol.
In the back of my mind though, I'm wondering...did they even test fire this thing ?

If the slide was completely populated by Suarez, then that too is on them to fix.
I can't think of anything you could have done with that lower that would cause light strikes.

If you start monkeying with these, then you are going to own them.
Contact the builders and see if they can make it right.
I've heard that Gabe Suarez will want to challenge you to a duel if you complain about his products.
:)

Just be ready for some pushback....hopefully none, but be ready.

Thanks, I gave them a bath in the ultrasonic cleaner and will see if that does anything. I did give them a lube before shooting today so I'll try them both with less lube like suggested in the event any got in the striker channel and slowed down the firing pin. I just found it odd that it only happened with long, slow trigger pulls on both guns.
Yep, striker assembly and channel must be bone dry on a Glock.

I too would say it could be all the after market whizbang on these, I've done a number on more than a couple cars in my day on the quest for high HP and insane TQ with parts and tuning, I'm just asking if anyone has heard of these issues before and can offer advice before I have to send them off or take em to a smith.
If you are having a "return to battery" issue, then it could be due to the added weight that the RMR brings to the party.

Also, I'd be using full power 124 or 147 grain ammo during the break-in.

There's nothing to "win" here but saying that Glocks are known to have reliability issues just isn't true. Good luck with your "Glock"-ish pistols.

It's not that I dislike them. They just didn't feel right in my hand. The 1911 angled grip of the serialized P80 frame that grey ghost uses changed that.

Having options to stipple the grip and add texture changes that as well as I'm not a fan of adding Hogue rubber grip sleeves to all my poly frames and making the grip fatter etc..

I was just waiting for things to change, some guys don't like the finger groves so they remove them etc...

Like I said, I was a HK guy and wanted something different and these high end Glocks seemed worth a try. I'm not trying to debate anything here, and this is why I never post because things always get so off topic from what the OP puts.

This is just a post of hey, anyone think they know what this might be? If so, what do you got?

Don't take it like we are coming down on you or anything. Suggestions were made. Looks like you posted that you'd look into it. No harm, no foul.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top