JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Was around for both of my girl's births - and was worried about the yuck factor too - but I swore I'd be there, and so I was.

Didn't grab anything, didn't cut anything, didn't catch anything - but I was the first to hold the most gorgeous cleaned-up baby born that day - and there was nothing like that - abso-f'ing-nothing.

Look her in the face, hold her hand (or, more accurately, let her try to mash yours like a grape), and tell her you're glad your there for her.

Pays off over time - and, like SDR, my youngest is 12 and I'm still a huge breastfeeding fan.

What goes around comes around... :s0155:
Take care of them , They will take care of you...

Get ready for " You did this to me you &^%$# *&^%%$ dirty rotten no good son of a *&^^&%%"

She will say/yell it, but probably doesn't mean it...

Then again......
:s0114:
Yep, happened to me at least for two of my three. And on one of them I almost had a shirt twisted up to my neck. Be careful about what you get near her hands in the later stages when it is extremely painful (the crowning). She told me later that she wanted to grab my shirt and just twist and twist it until I was almost strangled. I'm glad she didn't but that was after the first and I made sure to keep only my hands within range of her hands for the next two.

Yeah, my wife can be mean, dont know how close I would want to stand...
I took a shot to the throat with the tv remote on 'accident' one time :s0109: ... Hate to see what she would try to get away with in the hospital while in labor :s0131:

My ex wife ended up having a C section and I was in the room...it was pretty weird to see her cut wide open and a doctor's arm elbow deep inside of her...but I handled it fine. I got to cut the cord and was the first person to hold my son. And he didn't have the mis-shapen alien head that you get with a vaginal birth.

Was actually a cool experience. Now the next day when they strapped him to a table for the circumcision...oh boy, I felt his pain!

It was too late in the pregnancy for me to push her down the stairs so I just manned up and held her hand.
It was not so bad and now I have a really cool daughter that is 16.
Im actually kinda glad I didnt push her down the stairs now.

My wife swears up and down she doesn't remember a thing. But she was .... well... shall we say a little pissed LOL....

The good news is that it is SUPER common and the doctors and nurses/midwifes kind of chuckle when it happens, and are usually reassuring that it is normal and not to feel too bad LMAO......

The first time though, PHEW, what an experience. Makes a man out of ya!!! Life changing experience to say the least.

O, and don't freak out too much about the cone head, and the really dark blue color. It is normal, and goes away pretty quick. :)

I took off about 20 minutes after my first son was born to grab a cheeseburger and I still haven't lived it down. I can't imagine the flack you'll catch if you miss it entirely. You'll begin regret not being there about 5 minutes after it happens. Just don't look under the robe and don't look at the pan while the placenta is sitting in it.

I was there for my son.....at the business end of it too. It was the most amazing experience I have ever had and wouldn't miss it for the world if I have another kid. I was unsure about it, as my friends said it would burn my eyes.....like looking into the sun. As a man and as a father to be I would think you have to be there, if not for the experience for your wife.

I was not in the delivery room for the birth of my two children. I regret not being there for both of my children and my wife. Yea, it is tough to be there for some people, but be there if you can. You will not regret it!! Take my word on that one.

Did any of you miss your children being born?
You had better not AND you need to glove up and deliver your child with the assistance of the Dr. You need to give your child his/her first bath and do it all man. I was walking on water at the time and was 'hands on' the whole process. My wife was a little, shall we say 'constricted' and tore giving birth and required stitching (nothing dangerous) so I did all the followup stuff and when the Dr. was done with her I brought her back in. 18 years later this is what I have!

watching a child shoot into this world was the most amazing thing I have ever witnessed. I was there for my 2 kids and 1 grandkid, and wow is all I can say. You forget about the blood and vag stretching when that little tiny person pops out and starts crying. I didnt cut any cords, I didnt feel the desire to get that involved. But again, WOW is my best description of the event..... I had to choke down the tears all 3 times.
SO my vote is get in there and watch it all.

CJ

You may not what to be there now, but if you are there when your child is born, you will experience a moment in your life that will be one of the high points. I wouldn't trade being at either of my children's birthday for anything. It is really the only way to properly start on the journey of raising your child.

I have seen 4 children be born of my own. I have had to sadly say "good bye" to what would be my first one right after birth as well as welcome 3 of his brothers and sisters into the world years later. Nothing is more important than being their to see them, hold them, and support your wife. I am never saying that your experiences will be similar to mine but I can't imagine anything being more important than being their to welcome them into the world and say to everyone this is my kid. I am not much for God anymore but I still like to think what would be my oldest is looking out over my family.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top