JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you really want to make the case for the M16/AR15...just say '2million soldiers can't be wrong' or 'find something better'....

The military just trades out bad ones, untill they end up with good ones...same with ammo...just hope your not in the field, on the wrong day with a bad one..

Civilians are screwed...you get a bad one...now you can't walk up to the company armorer and trade it out...you gotta figure it out....many better then you have tried, and failed.....so it becomes this long, expensive, frustrating process of talking to peeps that know little about the weapon, but are experts non the less...trying to find out what is the feed, ejection, jamming, etc problem that you specificaly have...

Hey, I can make an AR15 work...that's not the issue...the issue is finding a good one to begin with and not spending a year trying to make a bad one work.

I have a theory that the civvies get the out of spec, non mil capable junk, that doesn't make the grade for the military contracts...

Military does not use RRA firearms. I think the DEA uses them but that is all.

The military buys from FN and Colt, both top tier AR-15 manufacturers. If you buy a Colt as a civilian, you can expect their excellent quality control to guarantee you a fine rifle out of the box. It is extremely rare to get a bad rifle from Colt. They cost a bit more than a cheap AR, but if you want mil-spec you have to pay for it.

As civilians we have access to better rifles than the military too though. If we feel like spending the money or selling both our kidneys, we can buy from pseudo-custom shops like Noveske or KAC and get a rifle that comes loaded with tons of upgrades and looks amazingly sexy at the same time. Personally I'm saving my moneys to get me one of these...
<broken link removed>
fap fap fap fap

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews