JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This guy: Washington State House Democrats » Brian Blake

Democrat Brian Blake, 19th District, is reportedly a staunch pro-2A guy. If he doesn't bow to the pressure of his party (and a lot of supportive emails might help), he might be THE guy to help put the brakes on these measures. Even better if he can convince a couple of his friends to side with him.

THERE'S STILL TIME. If you oppose this legislation, you should be part of the grass roots efforts...spreading the word, telling you friends and family that'll listen, get them to send emails, and such forth. The Firearms Policy Coalition makes it so easy. They have pre-drafted messages that can be sent. NRA-ILA as well (Write your state Lawmakers).

People have to SPEAK UP/Contribute to be heard. There's plenty of people counting on 2A folks throwing in the towel. There's isn't the luxury of simply of being able to sit back and enjoy a pro-2A majority in the legislature any more. Pro-active involvement/participation is now required.

Simply saying "That's F@#$ing BS!!' after something passes is like closing the gate after the horses have escaped. Pointless.
Boss

Blake is a pro-gun guy, he even spoke at the rally on Friday. If he's the only dem that crosses the line and votes against his party, we are screwed.

Ray

Blake is a pro-gun guy, he even spoke at the rally on Friday. If he's the only dem that crosses the line and votes against his party, we are screwed.

Ray

Well, consider your options and your efforts to turn the tide.

Mr. Workman just posted a fairly positive appearing article on the hearing today. According to the article, they've received about 1,500 emails to the legislature on the measure(s). That really isn't that many. If even 25% of the gun owners (and their family and friends) in the state emailed the legislature, I suspect it would be overwhelming and put the brakes on the measures in their current form(s).

Hopefully more people will email, sign petitions, make contributions, etc. in the very near future.

IMHO, every gun shop and range in the state should have a laptop with the appropriate links set up and proactively encouraging every person coming through the door to send an email. Seriously, how hard would that be?

BOSS

Last Edited:
I'm with you Jim. Wife and I successfully moved out of King County in 2017. That was a proud accomplishment. Next step is to get out of WA for good! Sorry I couldn't be there to meet you today.
I've lived most of my life in Oregon and Washington. It breaks my heart, but I am with you guys too. No way in hell I am giving my hard earned tax money to fund a fascist government. Some people think they are doing a good thing by staying in a state that has passed horrible gun control measures, but they don't realize by them sticking around after these bans pass that they are just giving money and supporting the enemies of our nation who will spread to every state like a wildfire if we give them the means.

The only way to fight this onslaught is by getting a Libertarian (or Libertarianish Republican) government in Washington DC who will help us actually fight these constitutional infringements. New-Age Republicans and Democrats both want big government control and restrict freedoms. I believe Trump just said he wanted to restart the NSA surveillance program on American citizens.. Whoopie! I don't care about the damn party line. Both parties have disappointed me and I don't think anyone is coming to save Washington state. If you truly want to make a difference that can help protect and reclaim our nation's gun rights, move to a swing state, where your vote can make a significant difference and where you tax money and votes supports the right politicians and causes in your state.

Currently, I am looking at moving to Florida, North Carolina, Tennessee and a handful of other states. If Colorado repeals its "high-cap" mag ban, I may reconsider that state, as I will truly miss the big mountains I grew up in. Freedom always comes first for me. Living in a place run by fascists always makes my stomach go upside down. No place is perfect anymore, but what's happening in Washington is over the top. I do believe if Washington state becomes the first state to repeal the 2nd Amendment (essentially what is happening with these laws), that it may wake up the rather complacent and slumbering gun owners around our country who believed this could never happen in America. Trust me, with the way these laws are written, this definitely would result in gun confiscation in WA state through means of cleverly constructed laws that will make people "unworthy" (aka rigorous licensing system) to own their guns rather than just outright "ban" them. As well, just about every gun owner will be a felon if they don't have every gun locked up in their safe. How will this insane law work out?? :confused: People don't realize that California and New York only have a ban on "Assault Weapons", "Hi Cap" mags and conceal carry, etc for their ordinary citizens, not for special people . As Diane Feinstein said, she is special, she needs protection, ordinary citizens do not require such things.

This guy: Washington State House Democrats » Brian Blake

Democrat Brian Blake, 19th District, is reportedly a staunch pro-2A guy. If he doesn't bow to the pressure of his party (and a lot of supportive emails might help), he might be THE guy to help put the brakes on these measures. Even better if he can convince a couple of his friends to side with him.
I would hate to think that my freedoms and liberties in the state I live are all hanging on just one guy. That does not give me a good feeling in my stomach o_O

Last Edited:
I would hate to think that my freedoms and liberties in the state I live are all hanging on just one guy. That does not give me a good feeling in my stomach o_O

How often these days, and in recent years, are political victories coming down to the slimmest of margins? Hanging chad's anyone? Given the choice of Winning by 1 or losing, I'll take the 'Win by 1,' thank you very much.

But I do agree, there's more going on here...particularly with State Pre-emption on the table. Hmm, let's see, have to register your gear, and then give cities and counties the ability to enact more restrictive laws...what could possibly go wrong?

I suspect there'd be some 'haven' locations in the state that would see their property values go WAY up.

BOSS

How often these days, and in recent years, are political victories coming down to the slimmest of margins? Hanging chad's anyone? Given the choice of Winning by 1 or losing, I'll take the 'Win by 1,' thank you very much.
If Washington was a swing state, where things can go either way I would feel better about this. However, Washington seems to be going in the direction left of even Stalinist Russia. Maybe, my outlook for Washington is just too bleak. I left my home state of Oregon for this reason. At the time it was the taxes that were killing me. Oregon was cheap in the 90s, but by 2005, with the high price of living and 9-10% state tax I was being butchered. I was already struggling here aside from the gun issues. But, this is the last straw for me wanting to flee. I have family in Oregon and will be coming back to visit frequently. Sadly, I will have to fight for my beloved Northwest from a distance.

Many of my relatives were disarmed and murdered by Nazis. Maybe, I just studied too much of my family history and phobic of a fascist-dominated state government. It all started with a gun confiscation scheme. Then they started regulating people, religions, political views. Living in Olympia has also taught me how effective brainwashing can be. I am shocked at the indoctrinated people who just parrot all their ultra-leftist causes like robots and will hate you and treat you like the devil if you challenge them.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top