JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't really care to debate why they were not more helpful years ago when I594 hit the initiative ballot and won big with Millionaire bucks flooding the state.

Here is the email I received just today from the local NRA Grassroots movement that is getting in the ring in our corner, let's get involved in some way our just take what the anti-gun proggs give in the shorts.

Join NRA-ILA Monday, January 15th – Martin Luther King Day at the Washington State Capitol Grounds. The State Senate will be holding hearings on multiple anti-gun bills.

Your help is needed two-fold; to testify and/or display Second Amendment support during hearings in the audience, and to visit legislators after the hearing to express your opposition to anti-gun legislation. We encourage you to contact your legislators ahead of time to set up meetings.

Committee Hearing Details
When: January 15th, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Where: Cherberg Building - Senate Hearing Room 4
304 15th Ave SW, Olympia, WA 98501

Grassroots Post-hearing Handout Pick up

(to deliver to your legislators' office)

When: January 15th, 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.

Where: New House Building Conference Room (B-1)

215 Sid Snyder Ave SW, Olympia, WA 98504

If you are able to attend, please RSVP for the hearing and speak with your legislators in opposition to anti-gun legislation. If you are unable to attend please contact members of the Senate Law and Justice Committee and urge them to oppose any anti-gun bills proposed next Monday.

Click here to learn more about some of the gun control bills likely being heard, and stay tuned for further updates as the committee agenda is finalized.

If you have any questions, or would like to know more about the aforementioned bills or the event itself, please contact Grassroots Field Coordinator Ben Carpenter by phone at (703) 708-4487, or email at [email protected].

Why are they open on MLK day? Or are they open?

Yes, they are conducting business on MLK Day.......
http://leg.wa.gov/Senate/Committees...18/2018DRAFTSessionScheduleRegularSession.pdf

As for why........... I tend to agree with @Caveman Jim as the Law & Justice Committee only has 4 bills scheduled (all non-firearm related) this month. Seems kind of shady to me, but the NRA probably has some insiders that know what's up. Washington State Legislature

My problem is that I may not be able to attend both; the Gun Rights Coalition rally on Friday the 12th and the Law & Justice Committee meeting (which looks like it meets 10:00-11:55 every Mon, Tue and Thu) on MLK day.

Ray

2A Activists to Rally for Rights on WA Capitol Steps Friday

Washington State gun rights activists will gather Friday morning at 9 a.m. on the Capitol steps in Olympia to oppose a slew of gun control bills that Democrats, who now hold the majority in both the state House and Senate, apparently think they have a chance to pass.

2A Activists to Rally for Rights on WA Capitol Steps Friday - Liberty Park Press

Yes, they are conducting business on MLK Day.......
http://leg.wa.gov/Senate/Committees...18/2018DRAFTSessionScheduleRegularSession.pdf

As for why........... I tend to agree with @Caveman Jim as the Law & Justice Committee only has 4 bills scheduled (all non-firearm related) this month. Seems kind of shady to me, but the NRA probably has some insiders that know what's up. Washington State Legislature

My problem is that I may not be able to attend both; the Gun Rights Coalition rally on Friday the 12th and the Law & Justice Committee meeting (which looks like it meets 10:00-11:55 every Mon, Tue and Thu) on MLK day.

Ray

I too may have to choose as I do not know how I will be feeling the day after eye surgery.
Monday will probably be the best for me.
I'll let you know.;)

I too may have to choose as I do not know how I will be feeling the day after eye surgery.
Monday will probably be the best for me.
I'll let you know.;)

Hey, your health is far more important than showing up to rub elbows with a bunch of "gun nuts!" ;)
Besides, you can always submit written comment from the luxury of your easy chair and a laptop.

Hey, your health is far more important than showing up to rub elbows with a bunch of "gun nuts!" ;)
Besides, you can always submit written comment from the luxury of your easy chair and a laptop.

Thanks Dave. I am stubborn old coot and feel that if I'm not on my death bed I'll show up to show solidarity for OUR rights. Some things are way more important to do myself than leave it for others to do. I feel safer when I'm around gun nuts than politicians. ;)

Am I the only one that is terrified to think that the most restrictive gun control measures in this history of the USA are about to be passed in the state of Washington? These measures will turn almost every gun owner in the state into a felon over night and maybe the Washington state government thinks they can utilize the military or some other entity with the muscle to enforce these insane, unconstitutional and downright fascist gun laws?

The scariest is this new Assault Weapon licensing system that will pretty much nullify any grandfather clause and turn all your guns deemed as "Assault Weapons" into illegally possessed guns. You now have to get a license for each "Assault" rifle/pistol/shotgun and it has to be approved by the state. If they fail to approve your license (which they probably will) they will seize your guns and you will never see them again. According to the new law they are imposing, I would believe they can send law enforcement to your house and force you to give up your weapons with threat of you and your family being executed if you refuse to comply with their orders. After all, the new law will make unlicensed assault weapons considered illegal weapons which will be a felony. Police are given much more leniency to use lethal force against people who refuse to comply with felony arrests.

Oh yeah, now if you don't lock your gun up in a safe you are now automatically considered a felon and tagged with a Class C Felony. That is just on first offense!! Seriously, how many felons will the state of Washington now have. Any time a gun is found in a home you will be tagged with a Class C felony and you can bet a second offense will be Class A and you will spend a good amount of your life in prison for simply exercising the simplest of your Second Amendment rights. It's terrifying and it makes me sick that Americans will sit by and let these fascist measures be enforced. So many people say it couldn't possibly happen in America. Yet, they refuse to acknolwedge that the states of California and New York have a large number of innocent people rotting in their prisons who were busted for simply possessing what they deemed an "illegal gun". People who used guns in legitimate self-defense cases in New York/California usually end up going to prison too. We have lot of innocent people rotting in prison for doing nothing wrong and we claim that this couldn't happen in Washington state. However, I believe it really can happen and will if these bills pass.

After seeing this long list of bills, knowing that the extreme left-wing liberal fascists have pretty much taken over a majority of the Washington state government and the huge influx of crazy leftists into this state, I think I will be voting with my feet and bailing from the Pacific Northwest for good. I grew up in the Northwest and haven't live in any other place for a significant time, but I think this is the final nail in the coffin for me. The type of fascist measures they are brewing up are downright terrifying.

I am not thinking Trump will come to save us.. IT seems the White House is more concerned about restricting our rights and freedoms, such as raiding legal weed shops with our tax money, then coming to the aid of their citizens to defend our SEcond Amendment freedoms. Of course, politicians have priorities and banning and restricting things usually takes precedence over liberating and defending our freedoms. It's pretty sickening to a Libertarian as myself, who just doesn't seem to find the ideal place to live anymore.

The rising cost of living, insane traffic and now the push of the Democrats to implement a state income tax among other insane tax raises (drink taxes, high speed rail taxes, etc) is another pressing factor as to why I am planning on leaving Washington for good.

I'd love to do what I can to help, but think I am a bit worn out watching every little personal freedom dissolve piece by piece. Too many people in the Northwest also are complacent and don't really think anything could possibly happen to them until its too late. I am even reading that a good number of Republicans refused to vote in the various state elections, one which cost us some Second Amendment freedoms such as the I-594 bill.

Of course, the Democrats promised they just wanted to prevent gunshow loophole and prevent felons from getting guns and that they do not want to take all our guns away. And, of course, the conservatives in this state believed them and didn't make any effort to stand up against it. Now, look at the mess that is brewing? I hate to say, "I told you so".

Last Edited:
Am I the only one that is terrified to think that the most restrictive gun control measures in this history of the USA are about to be passed in the state of Washington? These measures will turn almost every gun owner in the state into a felon over night and maybe the Washington state government thinks they can utilize the military or some other entity with the muscle to enforce these insane, unconstitutional and downright fascist gun laws?

The scariest is this new Assault Weapon licensing system that will pretty much nullify any grandfather clause and turn all your guns deemed as "Assault Weapons" into illegally possessed guns. You know have to get a license for each "Assault" rifle/pistol/shotgun and it has to be approved by the state. If the yfail to approve your license (which they probably will) they will seize your guns and you will never see them again. According to the new law they are imposing, I would believe they can send law enforcement to your house and force you to give up your weapons with threat of you and your family being executed if you refuse to comply with their orders. After all, the new law will make unlicensed assault weapons considered illegal weapons which will be a felony. Police are given much more leniency to use lethal force against people who refuse to comply with felony arrests.

Oh yeah, now if you don't lock your gun up in a safe you are now automatically considered a felon and tagged with a Class C Felony. That is just on first offense!! Seriously, how many felons will the state of Washington now have. Any time a gun is found in a home you will be tagged with a Class C felony and you can bet a second offense will be Class A and you will spend a good amount of your life in prison for simply exercising the simplest of your Second Amendment rights. It's terrifying and it makes me sick that Americans will sit by and let these fascist measures be enforced. So many people say it couldn't possibly happen in America. Yet, they refuse to acknolwedge that the states of California and New York have a large number of innocent people rotting in their prisons who were busted for simply possessing what they deemed an "illegal gun". People who used guns in legitimate self-defense cases in New York/California usually end up going to prison too. We have lot of innocent people rotting in prison for doing nothing wrong and we claim that this couldn't happen in Washington state. However, I believe it really can happen and will if these bills pass.

After seeing this long list of bills, knowing that the extreme left-wing liberal fascists have pretty much taken over a majority of the Washington state government and the huge influx of crazy leftists into this state, I think I will be voting with my feet and bailing from the Pacific Northwest for good. I grew up in the Northwest and haven't live in any other place for a significant time, but I think this is the final nail in the coffin for me. The type of fascist measures they are brewing up are downright terrifying.

I am not thinking Trump will come to save us.. IT seems the White House is more concerned about restricting our rights and freedoms, such as raiding legal weed shops with our tax money, then coming to the aid of their citizens to defend our SEcond Amendment freedoms. Of course, politicians have priorities and banning and restricting things usually takes precedence over liberating and defending our freedoms. It's pretty sickening to a Libertarian as myself, who just doesn't seem to find the ideal place to live anymore.

The rising cost of living, insane traffic and now the push of the Democrats to implement a state income tax among other insane tax raises (drink taxes, high speed rail taxes, etc) is another pressing factor as to why I am planning on leaving Washington for good.

I'd love to do what I can to help, but think I am a bit worn out watching every little personal freedom dissolve piece by piece. Too many people in the Northwest also are complacent and don't really think anything could possibly happen to them until its too late. I am even reading that a good number of Republicans refused to vote in the various state elections, one which cost us some Second Amendment freedoms such as the I-594 bill.

Of course, the Democrats promised they just wanted to prevent gunshow loophole and prevent felons from getting guns and that they do not want to take all our guns away. And, of course, the conservatives in this state believed them and didn't make any effort to stand up against it. Now, look at the mess that is brewing? I hate to say, "I told you so".

I agree with almost everything you said, except I don't really believe that the fed's will be raiding the dope stores anytime soon.

Ray

I agree with almost everything you said, except I don't really believe that the fed's will be raiding the dope stores anytime soon.

Ray

I actually do not think they will be raiding dope stores either. However, I just find it ironic that they seem to be devoting more efforts to use resources and fight legal weed than they are to use the same resources and help fight to defend our Second Amendment freedoms. Many Americans are rotting in prison and there are more and more states pushing to pass Nazi-era gun control laws that violate our Constitution. And, yet, I don't see the Republican politicians making any noise or really putting any effort to defend our citizens from this injustice. Yet, the only thing I have heard about the federal government intervening in state activities is about the drug war and punishing weed smokers. How about using these resources to help defend Americans and their Second Amendment rights that are being jeopardized and stripped away from us? My point being, it seems like defending the Second Amendment is not a priority of the Federal government that many gun owners voted into power based on many bold promises of the Trump campaign.

Now, as I read the news it appears the Republicans are going to lose the House and Senate and with Democrats in power we are probably in big trouble with our gun rights. God forbid in 2020 we get a Democrat President and Congress. Most likely we will have the most restrictive gun ban passed in our nation's history. Only hope is the SCOTUS gets skewed in our favor, but who knows? Ginsburg just won't croak.

I sadly believe the ludicrous actions of Republicans have only help contribute to compromise our gun rights and all the so-called legislation they claimed they would pass. Constitutional Carry and Federal Protections from AWBs were all big Trump promises that will most likely never see the light of day. When Washington state administers and indoctrinates these 1938 German Nazi era laws, I highly doubt the Federal government will raise one finger when law abiding citizens are being thrown into prison and stripped of their guns such as what is happening in California and New York, but probably will be to an even greater degree. These new Washington gun control laws make even the most oppressive European country look like a utopia of freedom.

Washington state liberal politicians are probably the most hostile breed imaginable. They also are calling for an end to state preemption which means that even bringing a gun into Seattle will end up being a Class C (or greater) felony like you see in New York City.

Last Edited:
I find all the proposed measures VERY concerning. The idea of having to obtaining a license to keep something one's owned for years, perhaps decades, maybe been professional trained on, or trained on in the military, is absolutely, utterly ridiculous. And having to get that license renewed, every year??

History tells us all we need to know about what registration will lead too...

Simply put, by and large, these measures do nothing but attempt turn decent, law-abiding citizens into criminals under the guise of public safety.

The main thing is most people supporting these measures don't have any 'skin in the game.' It doesn't effect them personally...they won't have to comply with the new laws. If something comparable for cars came out...such as if your car has more than 150 hp. and/or can go over 75 mph, you need to register it as a potential public hazard, specially store it in a secure garage, and get a special license every year, they'd loose their collective minds.

I've sent the appropriate emails and encouraged other pro-2A friends to do the same and spread the word. IMHO, standing on the sidelines with the 'It'll never happen' mentality or 'we'll over turn it if passes' isn't a pathway to success. Speak up, encourage your friends to stand up, and be heard. Speak or forever hold your peace.

One point...unless I missed something, I didn't see any exemptions for personally-owned firearms for law enforcement or military personnel, of which there are probably more than a few. So hopefully they oppose these measures as well.

Hopefully these turn out to be nothing burgers.

BOSS

Last Edited:
*Bills Scheduled for Monday.........
Committee Meeting Documents

SB 5992 - Trigger Ban

SB 6049 - Magazine Ban

SB 5444 - Assault Weapons BS

SB 5463 - Firearm Storage

and one of the most important....

SB 6146 - Eliminating State Preemption

As a bonus, if you show up you can also voice your displeasure with Inslee's appointment for Member of the Sentencing Guidelines Commission: Jon Tunheim. I personally don't know him or anything about him, but if Inslee wants him, then I would venture to guess that he's most likely a POS.

Ray
*Modified and re-posted from another thread.

Well, I showed up and couldn't get into the room- too many people for the space.

One of the folks I spoke with claimed the "Everytown" group chartered a number of buses from King County and they took up a lot of space.

I don't believe the hearings will change anyone's position. If there isn't a single Democrat willing to break with the far left and vote their conscience, there's nothing to be done. They have a clear majority and will ramrod anything they can.
Just my opinion...

Well, I showed up and couldn't get into the room- too many people for the space.

One of the folks I spoke with claimed the "Everytown" group chartered a number of buses from King County and they took up a lot of space.

I don't believe the hearings will change anyone's position. If there isn't a single Democrat willing to break with the far left and vote their conscience, there's nothing to be done. They have a clear majority and will ramrod anything they can.
Just my opinion...

I was there too but ran late, no getting inside & had to go to the gallery to watch a little TV.:mad::mad::mad: They didn't even have CC for the hearing impaired!!!!:mad::mad::mad:
I had such a bad feeling being there today than I have ever had it 8 years. God help us ladies and gentlemen.:oops::oops::oops:

Lets face it, the salmon & steelhead runs are in the toilet with no recovery in sight. The hunting has become more of a joke than it was 15 years ago due to WDFW cutting the waterfowl seasons down to 3 days a week (Sat, Sun & Wednesday)!!!:mad::mad::mad:
I'm selling my boat, gear and going to consolidate things and as soon as the wife retires, we are out of here!!!:s0137:

I was there too but ran late, no getting inside & had to go to the gallery to watch a little TV.:mad::mad::mad: They didn't even have CC for the hearing impaired!!!!:mad::mad::mad:
I had such a bad feeling being there today than I have ever had it 8 years. God help us ladies and gentlemen.:oops::oops::oops:

Lets face it, the salmon & steelhead runs are in the toilet with no recovery in sight. The hunting has become more of a joke than it was 15 years ago due to WDFW cutting the waterfowl seasons down to 3 days a week (Sat, Sun & Wednesday)!!!:mad::mad::mad:
I'm selling my boat, gear and going to consolidate things and as soon as the wife retires, we are out of here!!!:s0137:
I was probably standing next to you in the gallery!

I was probably standing next to you in the gallery!

Probably, I was on the right side at the top of the stairs by the handrail & wall proudly displaying this...
20180115_165054.jpg

I'm with you Jim. Wife and I successfully moved out of King County in 2017. That was a proud accomplishment. Next step is to get out of WA for good! Sorry I couldn't be there to meet you today.

I'm with you Jim. Wife and I successfully moved out of King County in 2017. That was a proud accomplishment. Next step is to get out of WA for good! Sorry I couldn't be there to meet you today.

No problem, today wasn't my best day with just having cataract surgery 4 days ago.
I was driving by brail.... not really but it takes some getting used to.:D

If there isn't a single Democrat willing to break with the far left and vote their conscience, there's nothing to be done. They have a clear majority and will ramrod anything they can.
Just my opinion...

This guy: Washington State House Democrats » Brian Blake

Democrat Brian Blake, 19th District, is reportedly a staunch pro-2A guy. If he doesn't bow to the pressure of his party (and a lot of supportive emails might help), he might be THE guy to help put the brakes on these measures. Even better if he can convince a couple of his friends to side with him.

THERE'S STILL TIME. If you oppose this legislation, you should be part of the grass roots efforts...spreading the word, telling you friends and family that'll listen, get them to send emails, and such forth. The Firearms Policy Coalition makes it so easy. They have pre-drafted messages that can be sent. NRA-ILA as well (Write your state Lawmakers).

People have to SPEAK UP/Contribute to be heard. There's plenty of people counting on 2A folks throwing in the towel. There's isn't the luxury of simply of being able to sit back and enjoy a pro-2A majority in the legislature any more. Pro-active involvement/participation is now required.

Simply saying "That's F@#$ing BS!!' after something passes is like closing the gate after the horses have escaped. Pointless.

Boss

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top