JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
To avoid thread closure please keep this political thread focused on the issue of firearm freedoms and how we can protect them from the gun grabbers in Salem and around the State.

Oregon voters have a good opportunity this November to mitigate the damage that is likely to come next session if the anti-gun politicians retain a majority in Salem. Currently they are close to having or may have a veto proof majority. This means even a more 2A friendly Governor might not be in a position to save us from the onslaught of anti-gun legislation that is likely going be tossed around in next years long session.

Personally I have not decided which of two candidates for Governor I will be voting for. My decision will be pragmatic and based solely on who can beat the third candidate, Tina Kotek. Kotek is clearly anti-gun and proven this with her voting record. I will be investing a lot of time and energy trying to see that she is defeated in November. I hope you will join me in this goal.

The State House and Senate seats will be important too. We should try very hard to make sure the anti-gun politicians do not have a 2/3rds majority in both the House and Senate. This is the threshold to check the Governor's veto power. I don't know where these seats can be won but stay tuned to this thread for suggested races to follow and maybe help out with.

The SCOTUS decision was a shot in the arm and we should build on that to keep Oregon from following in CA and WA footsteps.

We don't have to agree on strategy, it's a big State with lots of area to work in. It would be very helpful to agree on a goal. That goal for me is to have less anti-gun politicians and more 2A friendly politicians elected and sent to Salem.

I hope you will join me in pulling Oregon back from the brink.

With the SCOTUS finally making some good and constitutionally correct decisions, it is a shot in the arm, but we cannot let our guards down because the left is taking these decisions as a shot across the bow.

It all depends on how 2A restrictions start to fall in NY and Cali due to the ruling. If so, new restrictions here might be a non starter or be easily overturned in court.

It all depends on how 2A restrictions start to fall in NY and Cali due to the ruling. If so, new restrictions here might be a non starter or be easily overturned in court.
I am excited and grateful for the SCOTUS decision but I wouldn't rely on it to prevent or nullify all the mischief a veto proof House and Senate can do. With a three way Governors race this year, I think we have a rare opportunity to shut down the antis, at least in the Governors office, if we can eliminate the veto proof majority in the House or Senate.

This is one example of why we shouldn't rely on immediate relief from courts.

As much as I'd like to think so, there's not a snowballs chance in hell for a Republican to be elected governor this cycle. That leaves Betsy Johnson as the logical choice if we want to have any chance of a turn from hard left. The house and senate are different matters.

Nationally, Kurt Schrader getting primaried out is a huge deal and signifies the Oregon democrat party is moving even farther left, and has zero interest in discussions of any kind.

Betsy Johnson is the only candidate that has a real shot at defeating Tina Kotek.

Historically, Oregon is largely independent, and its residents have prided themselves on that independence of thought. It's my understanding that (registered)'unaffiliated' make up the largest block of voters in the state.

Oregon has a real chance to tell both major parties to take a flying...

My money is for organizations that spend most of their money and time on litigating 2A rights. I've never given money to a politician, even those I voted for.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top