JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes it does have a huge potential effect on the NW. With a large transient population between CA, OR, and WA, and a tendency for the political class of all three states to share the same opinions and approaches to our "problems," there is a very real possibility that CA's laws could gain traction north of the border.

The only things that really have seemed to have stopped this in WA and OR is the closer 50/50 split between dems and reps in our states, and the smaller urban population centers.

CA politics could easily happen here. You can take the voter out of California, but you can't take California out of the voter. Expat Californians aren't suddenly going to change how they vote.

Seattle and Portland would pass those bills in a heartbeat.

CA politics could easily happen here. You can take the voter out of California, but you can't take California out of the voter. Expat Californians aren't suddenly going to change how they vote.

Seattle and Portland would pass those bills in a heartbeat.

This is what really worries me in the long run. I've taken a couple shooting which I think helps a tiny bit. There's just too many that have never handled a gun but have been conditioned to fear them.

This is what really worries me in the long run. I've taken a couple shooting which I think helps a tiny bit. There's just too many that have never handled a gun but have been conditioned to fear them.

I didnt grow up with guns and I remember being apprehensive about shooting my first time. Mostly because I didnt know what to expect from the recoil. Yesterday we went to our usual county spot and brought my buddys girl for the first time. She was super nervous but after shooting a veriety of guns and enjoying the views and nature, she was all smiles. I encourage everyone who knows people who have never fired a weapon to take them shooting. It really does change how people perceive firearms.

I didnt grow up with guns and I remember being apprehensive about shooting my first time. Mostly because I didnt know what to expect from the recoil. Yesterday we went to our usual county spot and brought my buddys girl for the first time. She was super nervous but after shooting a veriety of guns and enjoying the views and nature, she was all smiles. I encourage everyone who knows people who have never fired a weapon to take them shooting. It really does change how people perceive firearms.

Most people are apprehensive about shooting for the first time. Guns tend to be loud and people have only seen them fired in movies. I started shooting when I was young so I don't actually remember any apprehension or fear the first time I shot. The deer rifle I started shooting when I was a little older brings back more memories because it was louder and had a little recoil.

I also highly encourage taking newbies out shooting. You may change their perception or help someone who may purchase a firearm how to safely handle it.

I grew up in a staunch no guns household, my father always used to say that only pansies needed guns and that all we needed was are fists, so naturally I became attracted to guns. He also said never to join the army or ride motorcycles...all of these things I love doing or haven't had the pleasure to do.

I agree drew, but please let it be a state other than Washington, I'm sick of the snooty attitudes up here...

Up Here? Nah, were good. Ever hung out with people from huntington/newport beach area? The wealthy areas of LA have to be some of the most vain places on earth.

I say let em come. Once the seasonal depression kicks in, only the strong will survive!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top