JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I woke up this morning early and was half-listening to a syndicated talk show and one news story started with something to the effect of "California's fight against open carry" and a recorded interview with an 'LE official' was played and his statement was, "There is no need for open carry. When someone sees a gun on someone's hip it scares the bejeasus out of them and we have to respond wasting time, money and valuable LE resources. Open carry belongs in the movies and is not for real life." I thought it was interesting how 'Matter of fact' and one-sided he was about it.

I have an uncle, he hunts with bows and shotguns, spends most of his free time outdoors. He's a drysider living in Yakima too. His wife and adult daughter were at the store one day and spotted an open carrier. They freaked and reported it to the store management.

Moral of the story is, even people used to guns can still be muppets. I definitely support Open Carry but the officer has a point.

When the guys down in the SF bay area started open carry, they wanted to do it to make a point. The problem now is, all eyes are on them. And with good ole' Moonbeam in office, well, just one more thing he can mess with. I am so glad that in November I accepted a job up here and have no intention of going back... except to visit family and finish moving my stuff up here.

PLEASE this dumb A$$ has had his 15 minutes of fame.
He is an idiot and will get his UNLOADED pistol taken from him.
He's a crack, that's all

Please leave this guy alone Let him die a slow painfull death.Not who I want representing me at a gun rally

He's absolutely right....guns on hips scares people...so therefore, the cops should take them off their hips immediately. Only SWAT (Special Weapons and Tactics) should be able to carry guns since they are the ones that constantly practice with their firearms and take the proper precautions with them. Too many times I hear of innocent bistandards being shot, police shooting themselves at the range and even shooting other cops! I say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! Only SWAT should have guns!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top