JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Will the new Ammo sales (SB 1235) law affect out of state purchases their website? Does this mean I need to follow the same requirements as California citizens and acquire a card and database registry to order ammo?

Here is a copy and paste from an email I got from LAXammo.com
Ammo sales (SB 1235): Ammunition sellers would need licenses and buyers would be entered into a state database for background checks. One would need a card in order to buy ammo, costing upwards of $50.00 DETERMINED BY THE DOJ AND PLACES LIKE LAX WILL NEED TO RECORD PURCHASES OVER 500 ROUNDS, MAKE IT DIFFICULT TO DISPLAY AMMO BY KEEPING THE AMMO AWAY FROM CUSTOMERS AND DEFINITELY GOING TO MAKE IT MOR COSTLY FOR YOU THE SHOOTER!

I read a provision in 1235 that specifies all California ammo sales will have to be face-to-face. There's another thread on here in which I provided a link to the bill.
There's also a provision that exempts CCW holders and security officers from the provisions of the bill.

Again highly recommend all NWF members read it. Know thine enemy.

ETA: Here- Bill Text - SB-1235 Ammunition. (https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=201520160SB1235)

so I just got an email reply from LAX and they said it only affects Ca. residents and that out of state sales are not effected (paraphrased)

Why would you even try to buy any gun products from ca and give that f@&ked up state any revinue?
You don't buy from their vendors then their vendors figure out they need to change states.
Plenty of other places to buy ammo than from there
Just sayin':cool:

Why would you even try to buy any gun products from ca and give that f@&ked up state any revinue?
You don't buy from their vendors then their vendors figure out they need to change states.
Plenty of other places to buy ammo than from there
Just sayin':cool:

they have excellent quality and lowest prices. They had ammo when others didnt in the last ammo crunch. Most of all they are the gun industry regardless of the state they are in and I cant imagine any one of them at LAXammo vote for anti-gun politicians or laws and so supporting them helps the cause.

feel free to share some of those other places it doesn't matter to me if they are in California or not just quality and prices.

This is kinda like my son jokenly asking what he's supposed to tell my grand son why grandpa didn't come over when he was born.
I said tell him you didn't get you head out your a$$ and get out of Cally?
Don't like the state,won't go there,won't support anything in the state.
There is always another venue to spend my money at.

This is kinda like my son jokenly asking what he's supposed to tell my grand son why grandpa didn't come over when he was born.
I said tell him you didn't get you head out your a$$ and get out of Cally?
Don't like the state,won't go there,won't support anything in the state.
There is always another venue to spend my money at.

I hear ya, but if this has anything to do with gun control monies then take a look at the bank your house is financing, the companies that makes the vehicle you drive, your clothes, your food and grocery stores... its endless. But if I spend my money on ammo it doesn't matter what state they are in I'm supporting the industry and gun rights.

Or you support all pro-gun companies and consider that those companies in states like California need even more money and support to fight the enemy. Leaving people behind and outnumbered to guarantee that communists take an entire state is not what I call progress or American.

Sounds like a new job opportunity for those who live near the border.

Like cigarette smugglers, ammo smugglers is next.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top