JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If it came up that he was having sex with children in a country where it was perfectly legal to do so, what would be wrong with that?

What if he came home to his job as a grade school teacher?

Sounds like this guy is lacking in the moral department.

I don't care for anyone who is so obviously a politician, using his appointed position as a rung on the ladder to something else. Anyone who has such a position should take a stand for that position in their public and personal lives.

I don't agree with California's stand on many things, especially wildlife management, but that doesn't affect my position. Anyone who would be so duplicitous should not have the trust of the public.

BTW I am a proud member of calguns and a supporter of the calguns foundation, firmly believing that if you believe in the second amendment you have to take action.
Apples and Oranges here, sex with children, even if legal is illegal throughout the United States and does nothing for the good of anything. Killing a Cougar in Idaho is both legal and helps in the preditation of game animals and helps in the management of wildlife in the state and not to mention the possible saving of a life, or pet. If California chooses one stance on a topic, and he upholds that stance in his own state, does not mean that he needs to be so brainwashed as to believe that that is the only stance to live by!

Of course it is legal. but is he behaving in a moral manner? As an official of the state he is bound to uphold the regulations of the state, and has done so. But isn't leading by example a moral obligation? If he had done nothing wrong, why isn't his trophy proudly displayed on the wall of his Sacramento office? Why weren't photos and an account of his hunt published in the american rifleman? I am sure the media would have sent a crew with him if he had asked, after all, he is an important man. Don't all (egomaniacal) important men love the media? Maybe he could have gotten his own reality show! "hunting with the commish" (my idea you saw it here first)

Possibly somewhere deep down in his little (reptillian) politician brain, a little voice said "maybe this isn't a good idea". But of course, his ego spoke up and said " wtf, I'm out of state, I am an important man, what happens in Idaho stays in Idaho."

Typical political bubblegumry

One day I fear we will hear "We had a bunch of mountain lions here just a minute ago, gosh we couldn't have killed them off so fast, could we?"

let's examine what is legal in other jurisdictions around the world

clubbing baby seals (russia)
selling rhino horn (asia)
child labor(pretty much anywhere but here and europe)
stealing others ideas and intellectual property (china most asian countries)
using naked lesbians to sell orange juice on tv (europe, woo hoo!)
female circumcision (middle east)
murder on religious grounds (mostly middle east)

All of these things are legal else where around the world, why not here? we are really missing out!

(personally I am only for the naked lesbians on TV part, I could probably do without the rest)

Of course it is legal. but is he behaving in a moral manner? As an official of the state he is bound to uphold the regulations of the state, and has done so. But isn't leading by example a moral obligation? If he had done nothing wrong, why isn't his trophy proudly displayed on the wall of his Sacramento office? Why weren't photos and an account of his hunt published in the american rifleman? I am sure the media would have sent a crew with him if he had asked, after all, he is an important man. Don't all (egomaniacal) important men love the media? Maybe he could have gotten his own reality show! "hunting with the commish" (my idea you saw it here first)

Possibly somewhere deep down in his little (reptillian) politician brain, a little voice said "maybe this isn't a good idea". But of course, his ego spoke up and said " wtf, I'm out of state, I am an important man, what happens in Idaho stays in Idaho."

Typical political bubblegumry

One day I fear we will hear "We had a bunch of mountain lions here just a minute ago, gosh we couldn't have killed them off so fast, could we?"

This is just ridiculous.
Maybe he doesn't see it as morally wrong to kill a predator animal that kills deer,elk and calves that a farmer is counting on for income
Just because he is to uphold the laws of his home state,it doesn't mean he has to agree with them.
Lots of laws LEO may think stupid but they uphold them.

Now equating this with all the other BS you did is just ludicrous.Taking cougars is legal in many states.And displaying it in his office would be throwing it into the face of the people down there.

He hasn't done anything wrong at all.

It is unfortunate that California's fish and game management laws, which are largely based on emotional reasoning and lack heavily in logic and scientific input, are expected to be followed by Californians where ever they choose to go. Californian wildlife management is largely a joke, particularly to anyone who pays attention. They disallow hunting of certain predators like cougars, and then sell tags for hunting feral swine. Feral swine is a protected game animal in California, whereas feral swine are an invasive and destructive problem for many of the remaining united states. I believe in being kindly towards your neighbors, but I am not interested in hearing about what Californian's think about wildlife or nature or anything much in general.

Coop we all can see the logic of going to a third world country to molest a child and going to a different state to hunt. Your nuts...

My nuts have nothing to do with it.

Or did you mean the contraction of 'you are' (you're)?

Probably the reason most folks from ca think you're all morons up here.

True most of the fish and game laws in CA are ridiculous.

But without predators, the sick and weak would die in a slow inhumane manner.

True "Ranchers" who refuse to modify their techniques will lose some livestock, whose fault is that?

This appears to be a trophy hunt, that's all. No other reason, not depredation. Reducing the number of predators is a questionable wildlife management technique.

Did he kill it to eat it? Nope. From the photo it looks like he was getting ready to bubblegum it.

True "Ranchers" who refuse to modify their techniques will lose some livestock, whose fault is that?

This appears to be a trophy hunt, that's all. No other reason, not depredation. Reducing the number of predators is a questionable wildlife management technique.

Did he kill it to eat it? Nope. From the photo it looks like he was getting ready to bubblegum it.

So even though it says "Lacey, WA" on your profile, and you're on NORTHWEST Firearms, you don't lump yourself in with us and our moronic ways, even though you equated hunting a bubbleguming mountain lion with banging a child in another country. YOU, sir, are the bubblegumtard. Just wow.....

I believe the article said that he did eat the cougar meat. I am confidant that CA's generally know little of how actual wildlife management works, so if they think that we're morons then I can certainly live with that.

If it came up that he was having sex with children in a country where it was perfectly legal to do so, what would be wrong with that?

What if he came home to his job as a grade school teacher?

Sounds like this guy is lacking in the moral department.

I don't care for anyone who is so obviously a politician, using his appointed position as a rung on the ladder to something else. Anyone who has such a position should take a stand for that position in their public and personal lives.

I don't agree with California's stand on many things, especially wildlife management, but that doesn't affect my position. Anyone who would be so duplicitous should not have the trust of the public.

BTW I am a proud member of calguns and a supporter of the calguns foundation, firmly believing that if you believe in the second amendment you have to take action.

I would argue that it's not morals the guy is lacking, but good judgement. Yes, what he did was legal (and I'm extremely jealous of his trophy), but just not well thought out given his very public position of supposed authority.

doh.jpg

Guess where most of the things that power this forum and your ability to use it come from... Well, of course many things these days are produced in China, but where are they designed ?[/QUOTE

Side note...You might be interested to know that many of the things you are referring to as being designed in CA are actually designed and engineered right here in Oregon and up in Washington. While many components are manufactured in China there are still a great deal of network and computer/computer server components that are manufactured in Oregon and Arizona.

Guess where most of the things that power this forum and your ability to use it come from... Well, of course many things these days are produced in China, but where are they designed ?

Side note...You might be interested to know that many of the things you are referring to as being designed in CA are actually designed and engineered right here in Oregon and up in Washington. While many components are manufactured in China there are still a great deal of network and computer/computer server components that are manufactured in Oregon and Arizona.

Sure, some engineering is done here. Take Intel for example - it has some factories and offices in Oregon, but it's still a California-based
corporation. Also there is a lot more besides low level hardware. Btw, add Juniper Networks and Hewlett-Packard to the list :D

Of course it is legal. but is he behaving in a moral manner?

What's immoral about LEGALLY hunting and taking a large game animal? There is absolutely no moral equivication to "legal in another country pediphilia" and hunting an animal. I remember during the "Clinton era" everyone poop-pooed Slickster's OBVIOUS lack of morals, and prattled on about it "being irrelevant so long as he could do the job". Are you one of those "types" who voted for Clinton (or cheered for him if you were too young to vote back then) and overlooked his "morals"... or lack thereof? I bet most of those in Kali are, and suspect you are based on your (not you, you're, yer, yor) posts of digging naked euro-trash lesbo orange juice commercials.

What's immoral about LEGALLY hunting and taking a large game animal?

I guess what coop44 means is if that given official supports whichever restrictions in CA on hunting those animals due to some
political/moral beliefs (think PETA's "meat is murder" for example), as opposed to rational wildlife management, and then he goes
and does that very thing in another state, it really puts his ethics into question.

Who let the CA trolls on here anyway?
Are coop and fd1k the same person calling us all morons?

Neither is worth this thread continuing.They need to return to CA and persecute this guy.

And leave us alone

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads