JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Going to put this up in this forum because it smells like politics!

The embattled president of California's Fish and Game Commission pushed back at his critics Tuesday, telling them he did nothing wrong by killing a mountain lion on a big game hunt in Idaho. And he vowed not to resign.

"While I respect our Fish and Game rules and regulations, my 100 percent legal activity outside of California, or anyone else's for that matter, is none of your business," Dan Richards wrote in a letter to state lawmakers calling for his ouster.

The whole story: <broken link removed>

20120228_015320_ON29-RICHARDS_MTNLION1_GALLERY.jpg

Daniel Richards, president of the California Fish and Game Commission and a co-managing partner of scandal-plagued, local development company Colonies Partners LP, has found himself in the political line of fire, after a photo surfaced showing him holding a dead mountain lion he killed in what appeared to be a recent big game hunt.

I don't quite get it. He legally took a mountain lion, and is being asked to resign due to sentiment in California over taking mountain lions ? Sounds like a case of "I did not have sex with that woman"...

I don't quite get it. He legally took a mountain lion, and is being asked to resign due to sentiment in California over taking mountain lions ? Sounds like a case of "I did not have sex with that woman"...

Same thoughts here. I can't figure out why a guy would need to resign for something legal. I usually hate the statements that go something along the lines of "another thing to hate California for" but in this case I would have to agree with the sentiment.

They've accused him of thumbing his nose at California voters who have banned mountain lion hunting twice at the ballot box, in 1990 and 1996.

He made a legal kill of an animal in Idaho that he is sworn to protect in Calif.
They are just trying to make a political hypocrite out of the man.

They've accused him of thumbing his nose at California voters who have banned mountain lion hunting twice at the ballot box, in 1990 and 1996.

He made a legal kill of an animal in Idaho that he is sworn to protect in Calif.

They're just trying to persecute the man. Animals can be protected in one state and legal to hunt in another. I fail to see how his killing a mountain lion is relevant to enforcing regulations. I'm sure he wouldn't protect anyone who killed a mountain lion in CA.

Californians expect their laws to apply every where in the United States if you are a resident of the state traveling, they have forgotten these are the United States of America, not the united states of california...Spad

Californians expect their laws to apply every where in the United States if you are a resident of the state traveling, they have forgotten these are the United States of America, not the united states of california...Spad

How do you know ? My understanding is some political clowns have accused him, and not really the people of California.

Some politically correct (read morally corrupt) politicians have most likely received some complaints from the PETA people, outraged that their votes didn't apply to other parts of the country. As a result, said politicians who were also opposed to hurting poor harmless wildlife are trying to look good for their constituents. These are the same politicians who want the Fish and Game department to remove mountain lions, coyotes, etc from the area around their gated community built in the foothills (right in the center of the predator's existing habitat) because they fear that their dog/cat/kid will be killed if out in the yard playing. The same people who, like at the federal level, include exemptions for themselves in the legislation they pass.
They most likely want him out because he won't play ball with the politicians on other issues and decided this was the ticket.

I may just write about this..
The guy did a service to the folks of Idaho
He took a trophy
He killed it in fair pursuit
He obeyed all the laws
He shared a photo
He's proud of it and didn't try to hide it (as the WDFW might urge folks to do!)

:bsflag:

The 9th circus court does that all the time, Kommiefornians should be used to it. :rolleyes:

California, it's politics and those that keep voting these pc's of bovine scat into office are all brain dead fools that think their laws apply to all of us. They have fouled Oregon, Washington and Colorado with the stench of their P.C. politics and mentality. It may be illegal to hunt and take a Cougar there, but it's not where he took this animal at. The state has one of the highest crime rates, the worst state deficit in the union and were supposed to respect their wishes? Screw them and those that follow their way of thought. Coming soon to a neighborhood near you! Thanks California, but no thanks. My hat goes off to this man.

If this offends those of you that are there, or from there in the past, a question,, 1st, why did you leave and if still there, why? What a suckhole. The best part of the state is where Oregon overflowed and spilled into it. It's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.

I agree with Dave Workman:bsflag:

If this offends those of you that are there, or from there in the past, a question,, 1st, why did you leave and if still there, why? What a suckhole. The best part of the state is where Oregon overflowed and spilled into it. It's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.

Guess where most of the things that power this forum and your ability to use it come from... Well, of course many things these days are produced in China, but where are they designed ?

And that has to do with.................................what exactly ?????

It has to do with the idea that circulates here from time to time, that one (of correct political orientation) should boycott California in all possible ways. I am suggesting that's not possible :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top