JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
California: Two Anti-Gun Bills that will have a Serious Affect on Semi-Automatic Firearms have been Introduced

On Thursday, January 14, California's NRA-PVF "F"-rated Attorney General, Kamala Harris, announced her support of freshman Assemblymember David Chiu's introduction of Assembly Bill 1663 in a press release. AB 1663 would expand the classification of "assault weapons" to include all detachable magazine semi-automatic rifles and any rifle that uses a "bullet button.1" Gun owners who possess these firearms would be required to register them as "assault weapons" or face potential felony penalties, arrest, and confiscation of the firearm. AB 1663 will also ban the future sale of these firearms.

On the same day, NRA-PVF "F"-rated Assemblymembers Marc Levine and Phil Ting introduced a second anti-gun bill, Assembly Bill 1664. AB 1664 would ban the use of a "bullet button.

Full story here.

What is a bullet button? Reading the article didn't clarify it. Anybody ever heard of one?

its a device that has to be attached over a magazine release on an AR so that the magazine cant be removed and replaced easily. The button must require a tool to remove the magazine, in this case, the tip of a bullet is good enough.

these guys are now saying this bullet button is a loop hole and magazines shouldn't be detachable anymore. Like an SKS. next year, they will make triggers immovable or something

If Californians don't do something to stop these people, in a number of years they'll be lucky if they're still allowed to shoot black powder muskets. Clearly these psychotic anti-gun f'ers didn't learn a damn thing from San Bernardino and the fact that their own citizens are arming themselves in rapidly growing numbers.

Good luck with the confiscation/registration morons. If NY can't get more than 10% compliance to the SAFE act, and CT can't get more than 10% compliance with their draconian registration, how does California think they'll do any better? California still has a lot of people, all over the state, that will refuse to comply with laws like this. These anti-gun lunatics are going to take a step too far one of these days and all f'ing hell is going to rain down on their heads.

Clearly these psychotic anti-gun f'ers didn't learn a damn thing from San Bernardino and the fact that their own citizens are arming themselves in rapidly growing numbers.
I find it an interesting phenomenon that Californians are buying more guns in the wake of San Bernandino yet none of them can carry them whats the point? I wonder what it is they are thinking when they go to a gun store for the first time thinking I better prepare myself now before these things are banned.... :confused:

And yet, there will still be shootings in every gang territory in California. In fact crime will go up and more will die that is a 100% pure cold hard ..... dead fact. The tipping point I told my wife today is so close it scary and once it does all hell is going to break loose.

Just when you think, "it can't get any more stupid"... it does.
The flaw in all this pass more laws 'logic' is that there are already statutes prohibiting criminal homicide. If those laws are not gonna work, then how the heck are these cosmetic-style laws expected to produce anything?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top