JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
ECONOMIC WARFARE: California tells NRA to stop selling insurance policy. "California has ordered the National Rifle Association to stop selling an insurance policy that covers legal costs for injury or damage from legally using a gun. . . . The order refers to the Self-Defense Insurance Policy included in the NRA's Carry Guard membership program. The policy covers some legal costs from criminal cases or lawsuits that arise when a gun is used for self-defense, recreation, hunting, or when a weapon fires accidentally."

It's been (mis) characterized as "murder insurance" by the Bloombots. Apparently the pols in KA are too stupid to see through propaganda.

"They" have also called:
Going to the range: murder practice.
Teaching kids gun safety: murder training.
Stand your ground laws: shoot first, ask questions later. Also, government endorsed murder. And oddly, racist.

You'd have to be a real tool to be unable to see through this. It's not even idealogical anymore... it's willful ignorance and whatever the opposite of idolatry is... mass psychosis.

If you ever feel your blood pressure is too low, go and troll MDA or Everytown's FB pages... pretty appalling. There is not a SINGLE gun-related issue that they won't spin, no matter how benign.

Gawd I'm glad I left that loony bin.
Every day I see or do something here or hear about some new stupidity out of Excremento that reaffirms my decision to leave.

Where can I buy leftist dingbat insurance ? :s0002:

480w_s.jpg

Last Edited:
Not trying to defend the antics of the land of the moonbeams, but to me, it just seems like the NRA was selling insurance without a licence in CA, rather than CA prohibiting this kind on insurance. But leave it to the media to sensationalize:rolleyes:

The state Department of Insurance on Tuesday issued a cease and desist order saying that the NRA sold an unlicensed insurance product in the state.

The NRA does not have an insurance license in the state, according to the Department of Insurance. As of July 26, roughly 2,397 California residents were active NRA policy holders despite the NRA's unlicensed standing, according to the order.

NRA Ordered to Stop Selling 'Self-Defense Insurance' in California

So color me confused.

Gun control advocates argue that gun owners should have liability insurance?

California tells NRA to stop selling liability insurance?

:s0092:
If liability insurance becomes a requirement for firearm ownership while the insurance becomes difficult to obtain and/or unaffordable to the masses, then you have another chokepoint in the road to legally keeping and bearing arms. Or something like that.

So color me confused.

Gun control advocates argue that gun owners should have liability insurance?

California tells NRA to stop selling liability insurance?

:s0092:

They want you to have coverage to pay anyone you might need to shoot but obviously don't think it's necessay to have insurance that covers your bubblegum.

What is an "unlicensed insurance product"?
Looking for constructive input here as I am trying to understand the technical language and how it may or may not affect other insurance products like the one I have for my automobiles.

~Whitney

>>>>>>>>>>>>
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) - California has ordered the National Rifle Association to stop selling an insurance policy that covers legal costs for injury or damage from legally using a gun.

The state Department of Insurance on Tuesday issued a cease and desist order saying that the NRA sold an unlicensed insurance product in the state. The order refers to the Self-Defense Insurance Policy included in the NRA's Carry Guard membership program. The policy covers some legal costs from criminal cases or lawsuits that arise when a gun is used for self-defense, recreation, hunting, or when a weapon fires accidentally. About 2,400 Californians are policyholders.

The order carries a potential fine of $5,000 a day for violations. The NRA can request a review of the order.Messages to the NRA seeking comment weren't immediately returned.
>>>>>>>>>>>>

What is an "unlicensed insurance product"?
Looking for constructive input here as I am trying to understand the technical language and how it may or may not affect other insurance products like the one I have for my automobiles.

~Whitney

>>>>>>>>>>>>
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) - California has ordered the National Rifle Association to stop selling an insurance policy that covers legal costs for injury or damage from legally using a gun.

The state Department of Insurance on Tuesday issued a cease and desist order saying that the NRA sold an unlicensed insurance product in the state. The order refers to the Self-Defense Insurance Policy included in the NRA's Carry Guard membership program. The policy covers some legal costs from criminal cases or lawsuits that arise when a gun is used for self-defense, recreation, hunting, or when a weapon fires accidentally. About 2,400 Californians are policyholders.

The order carries a potential fine of $5,000 a day for violations. The NRA can request a review of the order.Messages to the NRA seeking comment weren't immediately returned.
>>>>>>>>>>>>

Many states require providers of various insurance services to have a license with their insurance commissioners/etc. before they can sell policies in their state. The intention is to prevent fraud/etc.

California needs to die in a wildfire.
Why stop there... the term is controlled burns.

Many states require providers of various insurance services to have a license with their insurance commissioners/etc. before they can sell policies in their state. The intention is to prevent fraud/etc.
Then this would be a simple matter to correct, right ? They NRA simply needs to negotiate a license instrument with the California Insurance Commission. Unless of course you would envision the State California placing every obstacle thinkable in the way of such a license. This would require an unending legal battle, draining NRA assets as the end game.

Naah...California wouldn't do that...would they ?

So, the NRA just needs to get a California licensed insurance company to act as their agent.
That seems easily done.

Never understood the antagonism against the insurance like product by California and New York, if anything it makes ccw carriers more responsible and aware of the legal ramifications of defensive firearms use...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top