JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anyone know what the status is now; seems that there have be multiple court findings and or reversals and whatever? THX
I believe it has been being held at SCOTUS pending the NY case. Here is a link to a Calguns thread with a petitioner Petition for Certiorari link and the SCOTUS case link at the top of the page.

Hopefully we will know more shortly if SCOTUS decides to keep it or send it back to the lower court(s) to fix it based on 2-step scrutiny prohibition comments or other issues from the NY case.

I guess I should state that my previous comment was regarding so called "high" capacity magazines. There are other cases stacked up for so-called "Assault Rifles", handgun roster, and ammo sales. Plus I am not sure what the status of the Hawaii case is.

Given Chairman Gavin's pronouncements about 16 or so new gun safety laws being on his desk for action this next week, who knows what else might be litigated in the future.

So, for now we can bask in the aftermath of the NY case...

image.png

...while we wait for the rest.

I believe it has been being held at SCOTUS pending the NY case. Here is a link to a Calguns thread with a petitioner Petition for Certiorari link and the SCOTUS case link at the top of the page.

Hopefully we will know more shortly if SCOTUS decides to keep it or send it back to the lower court(s) to fix it based on 2-step scrutiny prohibition comments or other issues from the NY case.
They're not hearing it for the fall docket, so hopefully they have some movement on it soon, one way or another so we know what we're dealing with.

i have some friends in cali that own and shoot full blown ARs at their local ranges, normal-cap magazines and all...

"you dont have any problems with that??"
"nah, nobody cares."

not much, but thats all i have to add to the conversation.

seems you just have to know your neighborhood, i guess

@tkdguy First, lets correct your language. :D They are standard capacity magazines, not high capacity. Any thing less is compliant neutered garbage. I carried with nothing less than standard capacity in California. It wasn't anything I advertised or bragged about and I wasn't worried that I'd get caught because I was not engaging in any activity that would've given the gestapo any probable cause or reason to inspect my firearms. If I ever go back I won't venture any further south than Tehama County and at this point in my life I could care less if I ever step back in California period. But you can bet that if I return I'll always be loaded for bear, if you know what I mean. ;)

It is an interesting point now that the SCOTUS stated that persons have the right to self-defense out side of the home and one would think they mean on an equal footing as the bad guys. lsh

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top