JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey Benny,

I wasn't criticizing at all! I think it's great that you didn't have any problems actually; it's always nice to hear that someone was cut a break. It helped that you were in Weed and not further south (guns aren't quite as "evil" in Weed, Yreka, etc. as they are further south). I'm glad you were able to protect you and your family man no question about it. All I'm saying is: be careful. The local law enforcement in Weed is probably more cognizant of Oregon laws and considerate of Oregon residents. Since you're an Oregon resident they probably backed off a little. Had I been going through Weed with a Cali DL and a car with Cali plates they would have treated me differently. Especially if I'd had a pistol with higher capacity than ten round mags (as you know I'm sure, it's generally illegal to possess them in Cali).

Advice for the guy that originally posted must be close to PRC law so he doesn't unnecessarily get in trouble though. He can get a basic understanding of the law in general and make his own decisions as to how to carry his gun.

While you and I may not see carrying a gun as having done anything wrong, that is not the case with most law enforcement in Cali.

Here is a good place to look around....http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/

and some fun facts....http://www.ag.ca.gov/firearms/pubfaqs.php

Traveling with Firearms in California
HANDGUNS

California Penal Code section 12025 does not prevent a citizen of the United States over 18 years of age who is not lawfully prohibited from firearm possession, and who resides or is temporarily in California, from transporting by motor vehicle any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person provided the firearm is unloaded and stored in a locked container.

The term "locked container" means a secure container which is fully enclosed and locked by a padlock, key lock, combination lock, or similar locking device. This includes the trunk of a motor vehicle, but does not include the utility or glove compartment. For more information, refer to California Penal Code Section 12026.1.
SHOTGUNS AND RIFLES

Nonconcealable firearms (rifles and shotguns) are not generally covered within the provisions of California Penal Code section 12025 and therefore are not required to be transported in a locked container. However, as with any firearm, nonconcealable firearms must be unloaded while they are being transported. A rifle or shotgun that is defined as an assault weapon pursuant to Penal Code 12276 or 12276.1 must be transported in accordance with Penal Code section 12026.1.
REGISTERED ASSAULT WEAPONS

California Penal Code section 12285(c)(7) requires that registered assault weapons may be transported only between specified locations and must be unloaded and in a locked container when transported.

The term "locked container" means a secure container which is fully enclosed and locked by a padlock, key lock, combination lock, or similar locking device. This includes the trunk of a motor vehicle, but does not include the utility or glove compartment. For more information, refer to California Penal Code Section 12026.1.

and remember you can not bring in a mag with a capacity of 10rds or more

Continued possession of large-capacity magazines (able to accept more than 10 rounds) that you owned in California before January 1, 2000, is not prohibited. However as of January 1, 2000, it is illegal to buy, manufacture, import, keep for sale, expose for sale, give or lend any large-capacity magazine in California except by law enforcement agencies, California peace officers, or licensed dealers.

(PC Section 12020 (b)(19-29))

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top