JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey i was just wondering if anyone new were I could go to get a california chl (other then california hahah i figure that much) Im in clackamas oregon so if anyone know anywere please let me know. Also maybe im dumb but oregon doesnt cover cali also does it?

California is a "may issue" state for residents only. That means that it is against California law for a non-resident (non-Law Enforcement Officer) to carry concealed in California under any circumstances. There do not issue permits to non-residents. They are not even required to issue them to California residents unless your name is Nancy Pelosi or Barbara Boxer...

I have Family that lives there and the only way you can get one is if you have a good reason to get one.. they are not like OR.. One of my uncles has been trying to get one or quite a few years. now and has had no luck

hahah ok thank you that really sucks i hate to think of going to rest stops with my family and not being armed

=================================================

There was a thread not long ago from one of NWFA's member.

As I recall he was on a trip to Cali with his family and on his way home he ran into trouble at a rest stop late at night and had to fire a warning shot. Cops came and no one was hurt and all were left to go on there merry way.

He had been carrying the gun unloaded in his luggage in the back of the Subaru, legal to do in Cali I believe, and when the threat appeared he walked to the back of the car and weaponed up.

I had one in ventura county. You have to take a class, qualify on the gun that you want listed on you rice paper, interview with the sheriff, and spend about $500 when all said and done. Dont waste your time, and make sure you read the state rules for transporting a firearm with ammo in CA if you plan on taking it with you.

Not trying to make others do the work for me but were would I find rules for California i googled but i got a bunch of random facts. I would rather have in car not loaded then not have at all. Do you know does it matter were in car like does it have to be in trunk?

I was in CA last week and I talked to a few people down in Orange County. They do open carry, but you have to know the locations well because you can't carry around public school within 1000'... you will be busted and turn into a criminal if you accident put your foot step into those property without your knowledge. Public school in cali is everywhere :)

Last Edited:
but rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6. Nuff said.

True enough. You will be judged and you will go to prison. With an extra five years tacked on for using a handgun. I fled Cali after 40 years last summer and trust me, living and going to court is better than being killed certainly but you will do time for shooting some in the PRC, count on it. Doesn’t matter if it was justified or not, you’re a resident of another state and using deadly force with a concealed weapon. The media will crucify you and you’ll go down. Even PRC residents generally go down. You have to understand that most of the prosecutors are flaming leftists as are the judges and juries. Unless you’re in the valley or the mountain areas that are more conservative, you’re pretty much screwed. If they don’t put you down criminally, there will be a civil suit and you’ll lose everything anyway.

You will not get a chl in the PRC don't even bother. One of the few counties that actually allowed it’s subjects to occasionally get CCW’s (Orange) got a new sheriff and some county board libretard and started cancelling all valid CCW’s that had been issued by the previous sheriff because CCW’s and guns offended the liberal “sensibilities” of the new politician.

Also, when CCW’s are issued they are only good in the county of issuance. If you are issued a CCW in Mariposa county (it’s in the foothills around Yosemite) you can not carry a concealed weapon in Sacramento county legally.

The previous poster knows and extremely lucky guy – popping off a warning shot without being arrested and losing his pistol. Very lucky.

Also, it is not legal to transport a firearm in an unlocked container. Another of the previous posters mentioned that carrying a firearm in luggage in the trunk may be legal, it is not. When transporting a firearm it needs to be unloaded and stored in a locked container in the trunk (or behind the bench seat in a pickup – it just needs to be inaccessible) separate from ammunition.

Enjoy your trip the PRC. Be careful.

The guy whom did the warning shots at Weed is me. Let me correct a few things, I drove 2002 Toyota Camry, it had a trunk. My handguns (I have two a glock 21sf and a 380 David as a car gun). Both of my guns were in my suite case zip but not lock. They were not on the top of my clothes, it between my pair of jean and the jean is on top of my everything....and the reason it was there is I know where to get to them when I need them. My magazines are on the left side of the car where the stuff holder. I can easily reach my hand and grap the mags. My glocks had mags of 13 rounds I shot 3 so I was left with 10 round. The officers did count it and it all matched.

Till today, I am thinking, if all the officers decide to press charge on my part for improper transporting and propresive firearms, and shooting in the place not to shoot, illegal owing the handguns then I would still be more then happy... at least I know my parents were safe that night and they didn't have to see me end up in some hospital while crying for help.

Yes, cali is a suck state. But if you dont do anything wrong to start out with then there is no reason for you to worry.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top