JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
help our brothers and sisters fight the Democrats trying to take away all semi automatic rifles in the state of CA. This law would make all residents felons for owning legally purchased AR style guns. Shame on the Democrats and Obama trying to sneak this through.

<broken link removed>

What I think they need to do is sue the state for letting those evil gun shops sell them illegal weapons that the state got taxes from. So all the officials who let this crimes go on should be charged with crimes for letting illegal weapons be knowingly sold to the poor defenseless Citizens who depend so much on the Royal Masters who dropped the ball and let them get those evil weapons that they should not have.

Ohhh wait they should not be illegal. Maybe they should just kick out the evilPoliticianss that do that stuff. If not they get what they deserve.

I have no love for the man, but the "..and Obama" cracks me up.

I hope this bites the legislature in the butt if it does pass, all it will do is open up the state for lawsuits. Think Heller....well, might be wishful thinking on my part, but I hope the Cali gun owners the best in their fight.

Maybe they should just kick out the evilPoliticianss that do that stuff. If not they get what they deserve.

Easier said than done. Just as with Oregon and Washington, gun owners and Republicans are a minority in California. They don't have the votes to "kick out" anyone. The Democrats have controlled the California Legislature for 40 years and because of gerrymandering the state has been divided into safe seats for each party, with Republicans in a permanent minority.

One of the lessons for Oregon and Washington gun owners is that it is probably wise to encourage pro-gun Democrats (yes they do exist) rather than alienating them, so they can influence the Democratic party from within to keep it from becoming extremely anti-gun, like the California Democratic party is. Otherwise we might end up like California with anti-gun Democrats in power and us lacking the votes to "kick them out". If that happens, gun owners in Texas and Arizona will probably say that Oregon and Washington are communists states that made their own bed, and they'll be lecturing us to just "kick out the evilPoliticianss that do that stuff", and if we don't then we will "get what we deserve". Then the shoe will be on the other foot, won't it.

I think if california thinks guns are soooo evil that they need to ban them then they should be too evil to put in movies for our kids too right?
So lets see how many hollywood movies sell tickets without those evil guns in them,lets see if that hurts their economy at all.
Afterall it's hollywood that makes the ar platform look so evil,arms and legs flying when you get shot with an ar15?....please!
Hollywood always loves too see the good guy shoot people up and walk away scott free so why such an negative outlook on guns?
hypocrite democratic communist state anyhow.

help our brothers and sisters fight the Democrats trying to take away all semi automatic rifles in the state of CA. This law would make all residents felons for owning legally purchased AR style guns. Shame on the Democrats and Obama trying to sneak this through.

<broken link removed>

Sent to Sen Yee's office:

Dear Senator Yee,

As a registered Democrat in the State of Oregon, you may well discount my input regarding SB249. Before you do, please give me a moment of your time. As a life-long Democratic activist who has worked for years in our State's rural areas, I know from experience that the gun issue can be relied upon to split away working class voters who should be on our side. I have seen right wing political forces use the gun control issue to get people to vote for politicians whose prime objectives are to gut the public services and cut taxes for the wealthy.

Surely, no state has experienced this bait and switch tactic more severely than the State of California. I urge you to re-think SB249 before you open a wedge up that will impact issues we all care about as progressives.

Banning magazine-fed rifles will not have any impact on the horrific mass killings now rolling through the nation. The same amount of damage could be inflicted by other means. We have a crying need to improved mental health care, this much must be obvious. A response to the mass shootings that makes a call for radical expansion of mental health coverage would garner support from all quarters, including many NRA supporters. A drive for gun control will unify a bloc of voters against all the other good work the Democratic Party can do.

Regards,

California is a communist state,they made their own bed.Just sit back and watch them crumble.

I have always thought that way about Mass,jersy,NY and CA. But the reality is,our local politicians will use this type stuff to further their agendas
"See,look what they did over there. Maybe we should ban all those guns too." Then site so stupid reasoning from that Lee dude
Yee,my bad
I mean if my kid leaves the state,then CA can fall into the ocean,as far as I'm concerned.

Believe it or not, even on gun enthusiast sites there are those who will claim there is no difference between the parties.

They say this bill will be the blueprint for the rest of the country. Shall we stand buy and let them chip away slowly? This bill much like what happened in Australia will not compensate owners for their property. In CA they will be pulling that gun from your hand. ..cold, dead or living.

Easier said than done. Just as with Oregon and Washington, gun owners and Republicans are a minority in California. They don't have the votes to "kick out" anyone. The Democrats have controlled the California Legislature for 40 years and because of gerrymandering the state has been divided into safe seats for each party, with Republicans in a permanent minority.

This is one issue I've never figured out why the Republican party doesn't make their party theme song. The Democrats have had complete control in California for so long and look how bubblegumed up that state is. If it weren't for Hollywood, that state would be even more of a bubblegum hole. California is the Democratic dream for the country.

I'm writing Ron Paul on the Oregon ballot if he isn't printed.

One of the lessons for Oregon and Washington gun owners is that it is probably wise to encourage pro-gun Democrats (yes they do exist) rather than alienating them, so they can influence the Democratic party from within to keep it from becoming extremely anti-gun, like the California Democratic party is. Otherwise we might end up like California with anti-gun Democrats in power and us lacking the votes to "kick them out". If that happens, gun owners in Texas and Arizona will probably say that Oregon and Washington are communists states that made their own bed, and they'll be lecturing us to just "kick out the evilPoliticianss that do that stuff", and if we don't then we will "get what we deserve". Then the shoe will be on the other foot, won't it.

Well if you believe this latest news article Gov Rickety Perry of Texas is all for individual states rights to ban guns how they see fit. Texas may fall before WA and OR.

<broken link removed>

Well if you believe this latest news article Gov Rickety Perry of Texas is all for individual states rights to ban guns how they see fit. Texas may fall before WA and OR.

<broken link removed>

He is just a strong supporter of "states' rights" (even though state governments don't have "rights", only people do). He doesn't want Texas to ban anything. He is trying to say don't pass Federal legislation like the 1994 "assault weapon" ban.

I have always thought that way about Mass,jersy,NY and CA. But the reality is,our local politicians will use this type stuff to further their agendas
"See,look what they did over there. Maybe we should ban all those guns too." Then site so stupid reasoning from that Lee dude
Yee,my bad
I mean if my kid leaves the state,then CA can fall into the ocean,as far as I'm concerned.
Bolded because it's true. I'm from CA, living in MA now, and getting the hell out of here Thursday.

So I'm loathe to rewrite what I wrote in another thread. So I'm reserving this spot to copy it in. Clif's notes though, this will NEVER happen.

Additional note on Yee. This guy is on my bubblegum list. When he's not trying to screw with gun laws he actively tries to get video games banned or regulated and doesn't give a flip about freedom of expression.

ETA - From the other thread...
me said:
I promise you right now that thing is DOA. Why? If for NO OTHER REASON it lacks a grandfather or safe harbor allowance and creates an immediate ban of all items past and present. However, if they do a grandfather clause, they'll have to allow people to register their existing AR rifles as assault rifles, which means the bullet button can come off, it's already registered as super killy under the same registration as the pre-bans, and the silly equipment requirements are out the window.

So there's this choice on the lawmakers parts... on one hand, let it die and keep up with the asshat laws as they are. OR, go full bubblegum and amend the law to pass it allowing current owners to register the AR as an assault rifle, allowing them to get the "scary" features such as detachable mags, lugs, telescoping stocks, and pistol grips for front or rear.

I really don't think they'd allow that. What's your call on it? (I know if they do I'm sending my mom $1k to buy a ton of lowers, she wants and AR10 and AR15 afterall.)

Last Edited:
I'll also add this in a different post as it is a seperate thought. Since the text focuses on detachable magazine... it would outlaw my 10/22 with a detachable mag controlled by a button. Too far reaching. WILL NOT PASS. (In my Gandalf voice)

While I too laugh at the permanent stupidity of the california legislature... fiddling with gun control while the state burns. The political dysfunction of california should be both a cautionary tale and a shot across your bow.

Being a recent refugee from california, I am pretty hard-core about making sure where I chose to go (washington) doesn't start looking like the place I was forced out of. While we all may laugh about the plight, stupidity, and myopia of california's legislative process, and the persistent failures of it's electorate. What's going to happen when california really starts burning? Right now the two major exports from california are educated workers and small businesses. What are you going to do when it gets so bad all the welfare cases and illegal aliens start knocking on your door looking for more tax handouts?

The increasing number of Independents and Conservatives that have moved out of Kalifornia up into our neck of the woods of Western Washington is encouraging:s0155:
It's pretty amazing how many transplants I've done gunbiz with over the last few years.

yes but unfortunitly they bring their liberal idology with them(the so called independants that is,they always seem to stick up for liberals...seems the so called independants are still liberal but just want to hide from their partys dirty deeds) and thats not good.
californians are like cockroaches,they ruin their habitat and look for a new one to ruin.
take the logging for example,they think logging is baddddd,and we shouldnt thin out old growth but they suffer from wildfires and bug infestations in their trees because they dont cull them and plant new young trees.
oregon and washington have been logging states since the dawn of america but some tree hugging,dirt worshiping californians think their way is better in our states even though they have ruined their own state with their uneducated haste to stop logging.
I know clear cutting is not pretty but it is necessary from time to time or mother nature will do her own thinning.same goes with guns....when we get attacked from the outside the californians will flee to the armed society of oregon for refuge,but no refuge will they find.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top