JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
At least that's what I think it is.....a good friend in Napa, Ca found this guy crawling up (or down) one of her oak trees.

snake2.jpg
snake1.jpg
snake.jpg

Yep, that's a King. I had an encounter with one that put a jitter in my step and a st,st,stutter in my speech once under a broke down truck. It fell into that "more than four legs and less than two" category which almost got it d,d,d,dead! Their harmless as far as poison and I believe they eat other snakes, including rattle snakes, so they can't be all bad.

Yep, that's a King. I had an encounter with one that put a jitter in my step and a st,st,stutter in my speech once under a broke down truck. It fell into that "more than four legs and less than two" category which almost got it d,d,d,dead! Their harmless as far as poison and I believe they eat other snakes, including rattle snakes, so they can't be all bad.

Yep! Rattlesnake repellent... had a friend they lived in Reche Canyon S. Calif, he would catch them and take them home. Never saw rattlers if a king lived in the area close to the house

Shows you how much I know about snakes. With the bold and highly contrasting colors it appeared to me that whatever it bit was doomed. If it is indeed as harmless as you say it is I, too, would vouch to leave it be.

I once grabbed hold of a Diamondback, big one too. Deadly MFers. My two older sisters and I had been playing in a circle of rocks for quite a while when I reached under one of them and felt, then grabbed hold of something. I pulled my hand back and told my sisters that "there's something under there." My eldest sister got a good look and yelled "snake." We all freaked out and ran yelling. Dad ran up, flipped the rock over and shot it with a 38. We were just lucky that it was cold under that rock and he was still groggy or I probably would have been DRT.

I don't like snakes.

I won't kill snakes up here, everyone tells me that they're all non-poisonous. They still creep me out though.

I won't kill snakes up here, everyone tells me that they're all non-poisonous. They still creep me out though.
You'd be hard pressed to find a rattler on the west side of the mountain, but the east side is another story. In any case there's generally never a reason to kill a snake.

I used to catch garter snakes as a kid. Once, when my folks were out, my older sister had been placed "in charge". I thought it was a prime opportunity to sneak my latest catch up to my bedroom. She demanded to see what I had in my coat pocket, so I told her it was a snake. She said, "Yeah, right...", grabbed my jacket away and shoved her hand in the pocket. With the snake. Pandemonium ensued; the jacket went flying one way, the snake went the other, and I was taking stairs two at a time up to my room.

We still kid each other about it 40some years later.

I once grabbed hold of a Diamondback, big one too. Deadly MFers. My two older sisters and I had been playing in a circle of rocks for quite a while when I reached under one of them and felt, then grabbed hold of something. I pulled my hand back and told my sisters that "there's something under there." My eldest sister got a good look and yelled "snake." We all freaked out and ran yelling. Dad ran up, flipped the rock over and shot it with a 38. We were just lucky that it was cold under that rock and he was still groggy or I probably would have been DRT.

I don't like snakes.

At age 12 I was almost bitten by a young western diamondback in Northern Cali. It was in our basement stairwell and warned me as they all do before striking. I jumped big time and a neighbor came over and shot it with a 22. My dad and brother once saw a 9 foot long one sliding across a dirt road.. it's trunk was as big as a strong man's bicep. . There are no poison snakes in Western Washington state unless they are an escaped "pet"..I don't hate snakes, just respect them. They provide big time rodent control advantages and are part of the ecosystem

NOT a Coral, Corals are 3 color. That's a classic King. They do eat other snakes.

The snakes to worry about we don't have here.. Notorious mean snakes are Cottonmouth(Eastern/southern US), mamba's and Cobra's. They have a tendency to be aggressive and chase, get away from them quickly as possible.

The rest of the snake works is just happy to be left alone and only bites in self defense. Think of them as you would a Fellow CC holder.

I found a baby one in San Diego along side a hill early one am, put it in my pocket and it went right to sleep. It ended up in someones garden , grew fat and happy.
They climb trees either looking for baby squirrels and birds or to scrape parasites off skin.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top