JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You already can't shoot your standard magazines unless you have a "featureless" rifle. Just put them in a box and save them for the zombie apocalypse or the next revolution.

I did also read that in CA with the new laws passed buying ammo just got more complicated. $25 fee and another background check before one can buy ammo.
I'm with old Ben Franklin, "Whoever would trade a little essential liberty for a little essential safety deserves neither." [or words to that effect]

I did also read that in CA with the new laws passed buying ammo just got more complicated. $25 fee and another background check before one can buy ammo.

No, I am afraid that is not at all true on many points. Whatever you read was written by someone who apparently has confused this bill that was signed into law ( SB 1235 ), with the initiative sponsored by Gavin Newsom, which would require a lot more red tape and higher cost. However, this bill was written so that even if Newsom's initiative passes in the coming November election, this bill will remain the law.

This new law sets up a new database in the California Dept of Justice for tracking people who are prohibited from purchasing ammunition. When you go to a store to buy ammo, you will need to fill out a form, and give your driver's license number as ID. The dealer will then go online on the Internet and do a search on your driver's license in this database. If you are on the list, you will be denied.

If you are not on the list, the dealer can complete the sale, and can charge you only up to a max of $1 to cover their time doing the Internet look up. All of the info recorded about the transaction, including make, caliber, and number of rounds you purchased, will be sent after the fact to Sacramento to yet be put into another new Dept of Justice database. This will then allow the government to track how much ammo and of what type you are buying.

The other factor is that everyone selling ammo in California will have to get a new California Ammunition Vendor License. So the government is going to carefully control who can sell ammo. There are fees that dealers will have to pay to get that license. And their info will go into yet a third new government database. Only licensed dealers will have online access to the prohibited ammo purchaser database.

Finally, because of all of the infrastructure that has to be created to create this huge bureaucratic monster, this law does not go into effect until July 1, 2018. So people in California can still easily buy ammo for another two years.

Also, this new law does not allow out of state Internet vendors to sell direct to individuals anymore in California. Instead, you would have to arrange to have the dealer ship it to a local licensed ammunition dealer. The law says that the local dealer can charge up to $10 per shipment for providing that service.

The state of California has developed a huge gun control bureaucracy called the Bureau of Firearms within the Justice Department. They even have their own investigative police force:

doj_bof.jpg

How long will it be before this sort of thinking comes to Oregon and/or Washington?

Only God knows.

I expect that between now and the time the ammo restrictions go into effect, CA will see record ammo sales. Many gun owners will be stockpiling ammo. After it goes into effect there will be many road trips to OR and NV.

How long will it be before this sort of thinking comes to Oregon and/or Washington?

Only God knows.

Afraid not. It doesn't take divine knowledge to see this crap headed to the 2018 ballot if not the next legislative session.

These anti gun politicians have NOTHING to lose by proposing and passing legislation like this.

It won't hurt them at all come election time.

I think it's time for the gun industry to fire back at the laws.

Boycott states like Barret did to CA after the .50cal ban.
Too lucrative supplying the LE business, and if they don't unscrupulous overseas firms that don't believe in "peasant gun ownership" like HK and FN will just exploit the "underserved market" to the fullest.

A large part of the problem is that many of our domestic Big Names are publicly traded, and thus have to answer to shareholders who are more concerned about financial return-on-investment than making a statement and doing the right thing, especially if the Right Thing costs *them* lost profits.

I wholeheartedly agree with you, just pointing out what the scumbag Corporate Counsel types in the cash-green six-piece suits would come back with to try to quash it. (Most of whom are anti-gun and generally anti-freedom anyway... they're why I've given the family attorney standing instructions that if Mom gets whacked because of Boeing's anti-self-defense policies, No Settlement Acceptable and he is to seek bankrupting Punitive Damages against the Company and each and every one of its Officers and Executives individually and personally, particularly Corporate Counsel.)

Maybe even get ammunition distributors to stop direct shipments to LE and make them wait in line and clog the databases along with the rest of us.

I think that private sales probably eclipse LE sales enough to take notice.. . Then again you're right, the almighty dollar trumps freedom every time.

We've got to get some traction here.

We cannot continue to allow them to set the narrative which constantly has us on the defensive.
We need to get 2A groups by the short hairs and create a campaign for hearts and minds here.

Im personally upset with the gun lobby for the massive waste of resources in fighting the case all the way to the SC for wife beaters to get their guns back.
Not that I disagree with the merit of the case... But we have bigger fish to fry right now and that case was backing the wrong horse at the wrong time.
Wife beaters can get to the back of the line until the rest of us have our rights fully restored.

How can we get anyone to listen?

We cannot continue to allow them to set the narrative which constantly has us on the defensive.
We need to get 2A groups by the short hairs and create a campaign for hearts and minds here.

The mainstream media does everything it can to promote the anti gun anti liberty agenda, so that narrative is what most Americans get. We can try social media, but we already know that FaceBook will censor our message as soon as it gets traction. Zuckerberg = Bloomberg = Soros; different heads of the same beast.

You are absolutely correct that we get the message out. We always try facts (like you are 40 times more likely to be killed by a drunk driver, so why don't we ban cars like they want to ban guns?), but the people we need to educate are mostly emotionally driven.

IMO we need to promote ourselves to women who need to protect themselves and their families (the "children" card) and also to groups like LGBTQ. We need to start making cracks in the Progressive gun control foundation. These are short term strategies to prevent damage, but we also need to think long term and get involved with our schools as an example. Much of what we are fighting now are lies taught to our children as they are indoctrinated in our public schools.

Knowing that the media is against us, the question is how do we get that message out?

That's how you can tell who is a member of the ruling class - the people for whom the law does not apply. Although normally they don't put that exception right into the law itself. :eek:

I noticed Hitlery is not going to jail...

But my question is, if they never leave the owner's home, how do they propose to ENFORCE it? Go house-to-house? 'Cuz the Fourth Amendment, if the Constitution still meant anything, would tell 'em to go choke on their own wangs...

But my question is, if they never leave the owner's home, how do they propose to ENFORCE it? Go house-to-house?.
I don't think it's magic. Let's say you drive your Cadillac head on into a telephone pole at a hundred miles an hour and somehow survive..
Anyway, the "ways" are endless/infinite for government agents to gain entrance into your domicile by just them being "passive". It's only a matter of time.
Kinda like "downsizing" a corporation by simply not replacing those lost to normal attrition.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top