JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The California legislature has passed a number of anti-gun bills in the house that will be moved up for debate/discussion and voting - and could be on the Governor's desk for a vote by this Friday 6/24/16. This is some crazy-arse garbage from a state that, more than many others, completely sh!ts on the rights of it's citizens, while the citizens thank them for the privilege.

What a load of bull.

Here is what is being pushed through right now:

AB 1664 (Levine): Bans common and constitutionally protected firearms that have magazine locking devices.

AB 1673 (Gipson): Redefines "firearms" to include items that are not firearms.

AB 1674 (Santiago): Bans buying more than one firearm within a 30-day period.

AB 1695 (Bonta): Makes some non-violent misdemeanors punishable by prohibitions on owning firearms.

AB 2607 (Ting): Dramatically expands who can request a Gun Violence Restraining order.

People in every state in the union should be concerned, very concerned about crap like this. Amazing that citizens aren't standing up and doing something about this.

Source: BREAKING: California Legislature Passes "Gunpocalypse" Bills (http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/second-amendment-2/breaking-california-legislature-passes-gunpocalypse-bills)

Unfortunately what we read here lays in the future for Oregon

Absolutely 100% correct. Unless the voters of Oregon pull their collective heads out of the a$$es this November, we WILL see bills like this in 2017, and they will pass.

One bill noted back in may said that ALL firearms would be required to have a serial # added, retroactively to models as old as 1899!!!

I could use the no more than one every 30 days ban just to help my budget a little.

While that would help the budget, who would track that? Doesn't CA use NICS? Would NICS alert them if there was a 2nd purchase within 30 days? In Oregon, OSP could flag it, but does NICS care about such things? If not, who would track it? The FFL's? How would they know unless you bought from the same one? And what if you use your right to buy long guns in other states? How will the FFL in that state know???

All a bunch of unenforceable B.S.

But yeah, about helping with your personal budget...:rolleyes:

While that would help the budget, who would track that? Doesn't CA use NICS? Would NICS alert them if there was a 2nd purchase within 30 days? In Oregon, OSP could flag it, but does NICS care about such things? If not, who would track it? The FFL's? How would they know unless you bought from the same one? And what if you use your right to buy long guns in other states? How will the FFL in that state know???

All a bunch of unenforceable B.S.

But yeah, about helping with your personal budget...:rolleyes:

We all know they are BS. Im joking because I'm burned out on the issue. Let them reap what they sow. California can make themselves a gun free mecca and everyone can move to their uptopia.

:s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140:

Whatever, I don't live there.

Maybe not, but don't think for one second that Oregon won't follow right behind them. As CA goes, so goes OR and WA. Their laws serve to embolden our legislators. We should be very concerned about what happens in CA - it lays the ground work for what will eventually happen here - if we don't stop them.

Outlaw California residents from entering Oregon. Simple and sends a clear message... Maybe a bit drastic but hey even Cali gun owners would respect the attempt. It would be worth it just to see the look on on Feinsteins face.

The California legislature has passed a number of anti-gun bills in the house that will be moved up for debate/discussion and voting - and could be on the Governor's desk for a vote by this Friday 6/24/16. This is some crazy-arse garbage from a state that, more than many others, completely sh!ts on the rights of it's citizens, while the citizens thank them for the privilege.

What a load of bull.

Well, the results from California Governor Jerry Brown are now in:

AB 1664 (Levine): Bans common and constitutionally protected firearms that have magazine locking devices.

THIS BILL WAS NEVER PAST. IT IS STILL STUCK IN COMMITTEE, AND HAS NOT YET BEEN VOTED ON IN EITHER THE ASSEMBLY OR SENATE

AB 1673 (Gipson): Redefines "firearms" to include items that are not firearms.

THIS BILL WAS VETEOED

AB 1674 (Santiago): Bans buying more than one firearm within a 30-day period.

THIS BILL WAS ALSO VETOED

AB 1695 (Bonta): Makes some non-violent misdemeanors punishable by prohibitions on owning firearms.

THIS BILL WAS SIGNED

AB 2607 (Ting): Dramatically expands who can request a Gun Violence Restraining order.

THIS BILL WAS ALSO VETOED

Source: BREAKING: California Legislature Passes "Gunpocalypse" Bills (http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/second-amendment-2/breaking-california-legislature-passes-gunpocalypse-bills)

There was another Bill that you failed to mention, which banned the possession of high capacity magazines that can hold over 10 rounds of ammunition. That bill did pass, and was signed into law today.

So the previous "GRANDFATHER" provision in California law, which allowed people who had purchased high cap mags before the Assault Rifle ban went into effect in California, has been eliminated. All high cap mags in the state of California must now be destroyed or leave the state. They cannot be sold in California.

So expect a flood of used high cap magazines from California to hit dealer shelves here soon.

Here is a link to more news about today's developments in California:

http://www.capradio.org/articles/2016/07/01/brown-to-act-on-gun-bills-friday/

Last Edited:
So expect a flood of used high cap magazines from California to hit dealer shelves here soon.

I doubt it. I'd be surprised if anybody got rid of their standard magazines, it'll probably be in the running for the most ignored law ever passed in the history of the world.

SB 880 was also signed, and that bans bullet buttons and other devices like it. I don't know the details, but I believe that they are going to open the "assault weapon" registration list and people will be able to register their currently bullet buttoned rifles to keep them legal. I anticipate a rash of tragic boating accidents in California over the next few months.

I doubt it. I'd be surprised if anybody got rid of their standard magazines, it'll probably be in the running for the most ignored law ever passed in the history of the world.

Well, the only silver lining is that it is only an infraction, punishable only with a fine. However, the fines are stiff, and if you own a lot of magazines, they could add up to a lot of money.

Do you really think that people will continue to go out in public and shoot their high cap magazines? Anyone seeing them could report them to the police.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top