JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It proves that to Newsome this is about "Us Vs Them" politics and not about right vs wrong AKA making the best decisions on behalf of his constituents.

Technically, to be killed you must first have brain activity. Death isn't defined by loss of heartbeat but by loss of brain activity. The reverse is true for "life."
The embryo is alive from the very first cell. The question is at what point does it qualify as a human life and therefore protection as a human being.

You are incorrect where brain activity is concerned respective to death. I've encountered this in real life assisting my parents in making a decision about whether or not to keep my oldest brother on life support. His time of death occurred after he was taken off of life support when his heartbeat stopped. He had been "brain dead" for about three days at that point.

Your personal opinion that brain activity constitutes life is as subjective as the personal feelings of what constitutes life by most people. It's a deep subject with no easy answers.

The embryo is alive from the very first cell. The question is at what point does it qualify as a human life and therefore protection as a human being.

You are incorrect where brain activity is concerned respective to death. I've encountered this in real life assisting my parents in making a decision about whether or not to keep my oldest brother on life support. His time of death occurred after he was taken off of life support when his heartbeat stopped. He had been "brain dead" for about three days at that point.

Your personal opinion that brain activity constitutes life is as subjective as the personal feelings of what constitutes life by most people. It's a deep subject with no easy answers.
I was merely stating the definition of medical death, when the synapses are no longer firing and the body is merely a source of soil nourishment.

The heart develops before the brain, and runs via its own electrical impulses. Its only job is "go go go" until a control center develops between the ears. There's a reason this issue has been and always will be divisive.
What then would you consider first evidence of brain activity?

The reason for the texas bounty law was because they didn't feel that the State could enforce the law without being shut down by the courts.

2a supporters say that type of law can't happen with gun control issues because the 2a is a constitutional right. I think they are wrong.

If the State of California wanted to, they could pass a law that lets citizens sue for violations of gun control laws already on the books and upheld by the courts. It would save the state from having to enforce the laws and you would have greedy gun hating residents running around the state looking for violators.

"Some statutes have authorized private citizens to sue to enforce a law even if they themselves are not harmed, said Howard M. Wasserman, a law professor at Florida International University in Miami. What is different about Texas' law, he said, is that private enforcement is not in support of state enforcement; it is in lieu of it, a switch he said was not good for democracy"

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2021/07/09/us/abortion-law-regulations-texas.amp.html

Last Edited:
Technically, to be killed you must first have brain activity. Death isn't defined by loss of heartbeat but by loss of brain activity. The reverse is true for "life."
So what about people in a comma with no brain activity?

So what about people in a comma with no brain activity?
The heart is a strange organ. It doesn't necessarily require a brain to chug along, it has one job and it does it well. I have a book about the heart that is incredibly interesting, I forget the author though. That's why a tough decision often must be made by families with brain dead comatose family members. They know they're never coming back, but seeing that organ keep going gives false hope. It's a bad time and I feel for those families.

Yeah, how do you feel about school killings?

In my mind, there is no difference, murder is murder and NOBODY has a right to take human life!!!!!!!

It is an odd twist of the human mind to claim that being pro choice is not pro abortion. I'm not pro life, I am anti murder of unborn babies.
What do school killings have to do with what I posted?

Based on your statement about the taking of human life, I assume that you don't believe in self defense and don't carry in public like I do.

To be pro abortion wouldn't one necessarily have to be for aborting all of them?

Way before there were any abortion laws in the US murder was defined as the killing of another person or human being without justification or excuse and to be a human being the person must have been be born alive. Accordingly, under the longstanding definition of what is a person or human being, it is impossible to murder the unborn. Of course, you can believe whatever you choose.

To do that you must define "life"; is life defined by mere existence or by consciousness of one's self? The waters are muddy, but I sense we differ on this subject.
Strangely. the Doctors who pronounced both my parents and brother dead went by heartbeat after they took their last breaths. I guess they got their definition somewhere else, possibly medical school.

Strangely. the Doctors who pronounced both my parents and brother dead went by heartbeat after they took their last breaths. I guess they got their definition somewhere else, possibly medical school.
I'm sorry to hear that. Yes, the heart can keep itself going even when the brain has no chance left. It's a strange, somewhat autonomous organ. If somebody is brain dead then the heart goes, the game is sadly over. If the heart stops before the brain, the brain starves. Also game over.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top