JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Read this thread, unless basic reading comprehension is outside of your skill set, and then tell me that there hasn't been a fairly cavalier attitude expressed by at least some posters about possible dangers to California residents.

When citizens don't care about what happens to their fellow citizens, we're all in deep caca.
No wait, go back to the OP and read the thread again. Nobody is dismissing the threat to the citizens of the great state of Kalifornia. Except the governor, who I happen to believe represents the worst of corrupt and misguided politicians.
If you think they did, go ahead and quote them in your next post,... I'll wait.

Personally, I think most of the "caca" is between your ears.
But hey, that's just me.

Screw all of you! The folks that might be hurt by this are our brothers and sisters. What kind of animal wishes harm on another based on their state's gun laws?

It's posts like this that at times scare me. Some people who at least claim to own firearms seem very unstable. I poked fun at Moonbeam over his constant screaming about drought while it's raining. I looked again and did not see anyone here wishing for CA residents to be hurt because some of them vote like idiots. Yet this sets someone off to the point I would be a little worried about them owning a gun.

My wife has her uncle and his family that live in Orrville. My wife was born in Orrville. You might say we only wish the best for those involved. Politically I can never live in Ca.

Two things:
I have family in Kalifornia. Love them and hate their political views. Even I didn't see any comment about flushing people down river with the exception of the Governor.
I can appreciate WWShooter's thoughts about human life, but think he read a little too much into what was posted. Then I'm think some of the responses from both "sides" got a bit juvenile.

Nice...

Except for the Francis video. Love Stripes.:D

Read this thread, unless basic reading comprehension is outside of your skill set, and then tell me that there hasn't been a fairly cavalier attitude expressed by at least some posters about possible dangers to California residents.

When citizens don't care about what happens to their fellow citizens, we're all in deep caca.
Call me what you wasn't but I'd like to see that water diverted into the San Andreas? fault and send the whole state into the Pacific Ocean.
Get the decent folks out but take the politicians and actors with it. I haven't met too many decent folks in that state
Flame on girlfriend :cool:

Two things:
I have family in Kalifornia. Love them and hate their political views. Even I didn't see any comment about flushing people down river with the exception of the Governor.
I can appreciate WWShooter's thoughts about human life, but think he read a little too much into what was posted. Then I'm think some of the responses from both "sides" got a bit juvenile.

Nice...

Except for the Francis video. Love Stripes.:D

Hey, I just told him/her to settle down... that's the OPPOSITE of juvenile..... plus HE/SHE STARTED IT!!! o_O:D

Call me what you wasn't but I'd like to see that water diverted into the San Andreas? fault and send the whole state into the Pacific Ocean.

New slogan for the rest of the country to use in support of California's secession movement....

"Lube the Fault!... Lube the Fault!.... Lube the Fault!"

But seriously, this is what 50 years of "feel good" social engineering and expansion at the expense of actual engineering and infrastructure development gets them....a potential of drought in a year of water plenty. This dam goes... there is no backup.:mad:

Last Edited:
No where in my OP did I or any one else espouse any ( except the Gov'ner Moonbeam comments) ill wishes toward our brothers and sisters living in Cali. The fact that I posted this, and the number of members here that have all responded with concern should show that we in fact care about the lives of those down stream who could be effected by this!

The immediate impact of losing that dam is bad, very bad. But the long term impact of losing it would be far worse.

They need to find a way to redirect the spillway water to the west, away from the ridge that supports the western end of the dam structure.
My suggestion is to shut down the water in the spillway, and send in at least one A-10 to take out the spillway wall on the west side to allow the water to flow into the emergency spillway area and away from the ridge supporting the dam.
If they had done it earlier before that side filled with water, they could have weakened it with heavy equipment or explosives, and let the water do the rest.
But at this point, they have no access left in place, and they have to prioritize saving the hill/ridge on the east side of the spillway.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top